Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

First Flight-Photos

You have a very nice spot to fly. I'm a little jealous. Get creative and start making videos or something.

Some thoughts now that I have had some more time with the H520.

Easy to fly. I used to have a DJI Inspire 2 (and a mavic before that) and I went with the H520 because I wanted simple no frills controls--and I especially did not want my software popping up warnings all over the screen every 10 seconds while trying to fly. I want to get my drone into position for a photograph, and take the photo, and bring it back. The Gimbal on the I2 tended to drift also, which was the biggest reason I did not buy another I2. I like the St16--no wires to a phone or tablet--start it up and go. The H520 is a simple to deploy and go drone.

I tried a Polarizing Filter using the adapter-the filter was a bit too heavy ( I did not counter balance it)and the Gimbal would drop during flight--I am assuming the gimbal motor would overload, shut down, and come back, repeat--changing back to the default lens protector restored normal function.

The E90 gives a lot of distortion (at least compared to the DJI X4s)--requires a bit of work in Lightroom to correct. I found this really apparent with towers in the foreground and towers in the background in the same image.
full

full

For the distortion you have to activate the lens correction, it's a camera parameter.

Regarding the first photo, it has a tilted horizon, that happens many times if you are not careful when you start the H520. When you turn it on it has to be in a totally horizontal area, so avoid that.

I have been having problems with tilted horizon--even when right after calibrating the gimbal on a level surface. The LR profiles for Yuneec only have CGO2b. The built in profile it picks up for the image seems to be for vignetting correction only.

I have been having problems with tilted horizon--even when right after calibrating the gimbal on a level surface. The LR profiles for Yuneec only have CGO2b. The built in profile it picks up for the image seems to be for vignetting correction only.

Yes LRcc and PScc only have profiles for yuneec CGo2 and it doesn't do much to fix any distortion in the image from my C24 camera either:mad:. I must send Adobe a email in complaint about this.
I do a manual distortion fix and it looks just ok, but it should be a one click fix ;) .
Mike

I went ahead and shot some video today--No ND filters yet though.
A very nicely putgetether video. What program did you use.

Mike

Yes LRcc and PScc only have profiles for yuneec CGo2 and it doesn't do much to fix any distortion in the image from my C24 camera either:mad:. I must send Adobe a email in complaint about this.
I do a manual distortion fix and it looks just ok, but it should be a one click fix ;) .
Mike
Try this for your C23 camera https://webdownload-global.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/Typhoon_H_PLUS/TYPHOON+H+PLUS+C23+-+RAW.lcp

@grind , this will work for the E90 also. They are the same camera with different firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone