Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

first flight with h520e done today.

They didn't even upgrade the RAM?! I suppose it only has 4GB of memory as well? They really do need to revisit a partnership with DroneDeploy and get back to the iPad and ST10 combo.
Yes still 4GB ......... I almost feel scammed, Android 4.4 (Not that I necessarily want a newer one, the version does not matter much if everything is created for it and works)
The remote control itself is quite good as a control.
But everything to do with the screen, so to speak, feels like it's a decade old but still costs like it's brand new.

Yes still 4GB ......... I almost feel scammed, Android 4.4 (Not that I necessarily want a newer one, the version does not matter much if everything is created for it and works)
The remote control itself is quite good as a control.
But everything to do with the screen, so to speak, feels like it's a decade old but still costs like it's brand new.
The ST16 was a decent RC 5 years ago, but was already behind 3 versions of Android and had half the memory of other devices at that time... and now here we are.

considering there are new controls with higher res screens out there 8k unit from aee with 38 min flight time and 10x optical. it's controller has 2 terra bytes for storage and a slightly high res screen. then there is x dynamic's dual screen controller. yuneec could use a upgrade on it's remote.

Reactions: Hypano
considering there are new controls with higher res screens out there 8k unit from aee with 38 min flight time and 10x optical. it's controller has 2 terra bytes for storage and a slightly high res screen. then there is x dynamic's dual screen controller. yuneec could use a upgrade on it's remote.
I'll put it this way ... there are phones for 200€ that have more power than the complete remote control.
And not to forget, they are much quieter, does not matter outdoors ... but when I "try" to download the offline maps in the office(hopefully without crashing), the fans are much too loud and annoying.

I would actually much rather, as with the Mavic Mini, just use my phone as the device, that would be better in all respects. Even though I would prefer 1 device for everything.

4 months have already passed but still no update in sight. Or any support at all. At least they have updated the website and there is now also a H520E in the download area.
Nonetheless Yuneec seems to have a lot of software side issues, I hope they address that as soon as possible. So far I'm pretty disappointed as far as that goes.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Even though I would prefer 1 device for everything.
I think this is a bigger deal than allot of people think, especially in an enterprise. Why would I want to give a each pilot a company phone, iPad for construction documents, a survey data collector and a separate RC for each aircraft - when I can let them use their own phone and just use an iPad or Android tablet for everything else? Except for the brief beta experience I had with them I think they dropped the ball when creating their "Commercial" segment. They're still thinking like hobbyists and seriously need a customer advocacy council like we did with DroneDeploy so that real practical business use is accounted for.

I think this is a bigger deal than allot of people think, especially in an enterprise. Why would I want to give a each pilot a company phone, iPad for construction documents, a survey data collector and a separate RC for each aircraft - when I can let them use their own phone and just use an iPad or Android tablet for everything else? Except for the brief beta experience I had with them I think they dropped the ball when creating their "Commercial" segment. They're still thinking like hobbyists and seriously need a customer advocacy council like we did with DroneDeploy so that real practical business use is accounted for.
Exactly that.
I don't want a drone that is cheap or has a particularly good price-performance ratio. Of course, I also don't want one that's way too expensive.

What I want is a drone that can do the job I'm buying it for perfectly without any problems or fiddling around.
For that, I'm willing to spend a larger amount because the benefits and time savings justify it for me. But if I still have to deal with it all the time because it crashes and freezes or something similar, it's not a good investment.

As a company, in my opinion, you should always look at the product I have here is it as good as it currently can be? If no -> adapt. If yes --> sell. And that counts especially in the corporate sector, I think.

third set of test flights have been started. Just charged up 2 of 4 h3 batteries to use on the h520e.
H520e is still rock stable in the test runs. h520e gimbal gave no problems when doing all the calibrations needed.
looking forward to doing 6 h20e flights per next 5 days and get a good break in on the h520e.
results interesting 25 min 30 second average on both h3 batteries charged.
confirmed st16s oem battery is good for 2 flight batteries before that need charged.
the h520e oem flight batteries last 28 min each flight.
the price for h3 and h520e flight batteries are the same.
. if the h3 stayed at 199 price point the the h3 would have a clear advantage over h520e flight batteries when it come to cost versus flight time when charging setup is taken into account.
that would change if the h3 / h520e batteries cables which is for sale in the EU at copter eu. were offered for sale in the usa which they are currently not.

okay just did 4 flights back to back with the h520e. moved to my airbnb fo the week so calibrations were done. first 2 flights where with h520 oem flight batteries got good flight time on those. on my 2 h3 batteries was able to confirm no matter which way the nose was pointing when I was doing a west east flight path that the camera stayed solid and no rtl were triggered. first gen h520 I have will not do that. also odfm settings can be modified but it will eat up the flight battery quickly. and video will start lagging pending on how you setup the down and up link. good thing though it resets itself to oem specs after you power off the h520e and st16e controller. had to do a food run after the four flights were done. setting up for 1st gen h520 camera testing and 2 more h520e flights. Wish the e30zx camera was delivered before I went on vacation but it's waiting for me back at home base.

there are some good info on you tube on h520e but it's in German or Italian no english translations which is a bummer..

okay that new firmware greatly improved the first gen h520. did 8 flights with the e90 no return to launch initiated by the controller at all. plus no more issues with camera orientation and direction of the first gen h520 no connection loss no lag. biggest surprise increased distance from controller hit over 8000 ft with oem antennas only. before recent firmware 2500ft was the best it could do reliably. orbit increased to over 1000ft diameter h520e got that beat. but they closed the performance gap between h520 and h520e. head for lunch before I do more h520e flights.

okay that new firmware greatly improved the first gen h520. did 8 flights with the e90 no return to launch initiated by the controller at all. plus no more issues with camera orientation and direction of the first gen h520 no connection loss no lag. biggest surprise increased distance from controller hit over 8000 ft with oem antennas only. before recent firmware 2500ft was the best it could do reliably. orbit increased to over 1000ft diameter h520e got that beat. but they closed the performance gap between h520 and h520e. head for lunch before I do more h520e flights.
Can you list your versions?

data pilot for first gen h520 ir 1.6.97 rc is 0.39.0 camera 1.0.80_a gimbal 2.66.1 flight controller version 1.7.119 vehicle id 38:00:4e:00:0f:51:35:34. and the landing gear auto retracts now like the h520e

data pilot for first gen h520 ir 1.6.97 rc is 0.39.0 camera 1.0.80_a gimbal 2.66.1 flight controller version 1.7.119 vehicle id 38:00:4e:00:0f:51:35:34. and the landing gear auto retracts now like the h520e
Thank you. Your landing gear never retracted before? Or it did and stopped at some point?

not by itself before update had to use the switch alone.. right now the landing gear behaving like the h520e at 10m the gear goes up by itself. for me that not a issue. now to get the landing gear to go back down when landing with the throttle stick pressed all the way down. at the point where it slows automatically during it's decent toward the end.

not by itself before update had to use the switch alone.. right now the landing gear behaving like the h520e at 10m the gear goes up by itself. for me that not a issue. now to get the landing gear to go back down when landing with the throttle stick pressed all the way down. at the point where it slows automatically during it's decent toward the end.
Are you talking about manual flight? I have one that is almost 4 years old now that has always worked during programmed flight.

just did run with 4hawks xr edition with boosters on the h520e. okay that went way better than expected if it were not for the high voltage lines i would have easily hit 15kft and still had full control. it boosted the odfm performance greatly.

just did run with 4hawks xr edition with boosters on the h520e. okay that went way better than expected if it were not for the high voltage lines i would have easily hit 15kft and still had full control. it boosted the odfm performance greatly.
Wow, you must eat carrots by the bag full.

those who think of using third party chargers with h520e oem batteries 6.2 amp and 5 amp charge rates will work okay but at 4 amps the batteries cells seem to respond better. longer charge time will be conducting flight runs afterwards and compare flight times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots