Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

first flight with h520e done today.

those who think of using third party chargers with h520e oem batteries 6.2 amp and 5 amp charge rates will work okay but at 4 amps the batteries cells seem to respond better. longer charge time will be conducting flight runs afterwards and compare flight times.
This is definitely a general rule of thumb for these types of batteries. Higher rate for performance and lower for flight time and life span. In racing we charge at 10 amps even 20 sometimes for performance, but that's not what we are looking for here. Most sources that I have come across suggest no more than 3-4 amps.

Our batteries are a 1C charge rate maximum. This is easy to compute by taking the battery’s capacity rating and converting it to Ah (5250 mAh = 5.25 Ah). This gives you the maximum Amp setting to charge at (5.25A in this case).

Our batteries are a 1C charge rate maximum. This is easy to compute by taking the battery’s capacity rating and converting it to Ah (5250 mAh = 5.25 Ah). This gives you the maximum Amp setting to charge at (5.25A in this case).
That's crazy to define the gap. High performance 2s LiHV's 3-4c charge and 100-120c discharge.

That's crazy to define the gap. High performance 2s LiHV's 3-4c charge and 100-120c discharge.
Is Yuneec using high performance cells in the construction of their packs? To my knowledge all of their OEM packs are rated for a 1C charge rate. If you know differently that would be good to know.

Now you have my curiosity piqued!

Is Yuneec using high performance cells in the construction of their packs? To my knowledge all of their OEM packs are rated for a 1C charge rate. If you know differently that would be good to know.

Now you have my curiosity piqued!
Sorry I was speaking in terms of high-performance packs for other use cases like RC racing, but the Yuneec H520(E) batteries are supposedly HV. There is just something completely different about the chemistry for them to have the same "specs" and behave so differently. I will say though that the chargers we have for those other use cases are years ahead of anything the drone market has and even at those high rates maintain the cells MUCH better. Maybe it is just the batteries though. Look at this one as an example. Same 4s 15.2v and size, but drastically different.

1614896975898.png

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
I finally got a day with temps just right to do a test flight of h520e. Glad they took their time on this one. results are much better than expected. new gimbal make the difference. no return to land errors at all. also with eom antennas flew further from ground station that first gen h520. the flight time with oem batteries over 28 min each. distances hit over 4000ft out with oem antennas. area that always triggered rtl did not trigger with this unit. I would like to see what 4 hawks antennas will do with this unit. 390ft above the ground. this unit had a surprise for me when taking off from launch point the landing gear goes up on it's own. also if the landing gear is down when you switch flight modes in the air. the landing gear goes up on it's own. improvement made new gimbal camera does not shake when calibrations are done. the h520e is also holds well in hover. have not tested rtl landing accuracy yet. however st16s battery life gets depleted fast when recording. one flight battery at 100 percent dropped the st16s battery from 100 to 61 percent in one flight. so ratio of flight battery to st16s battery dropped from 3 to 1 st16s battery 2 to 1 st16s battery.
Hi, there is a manual for the h520e rtk?, I ordered it and it has to get to me but I would like to study it first, thank you

okay just did 5 flights with e30zx camera with stock landing pads not with the balls with no issues. as long as the camera head is not tilted or camera lens is facing down during landing.

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval