Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flight Battery Charger and Cgo3 Gymbal

Reaction score
Hi Im new to the forum and to drones. I have bought a used Blade Chroma with ST10+ and flight Battery. No charger or Cgo3 camera gimbal. Where can i get a charger in the UK? I have 3s lipo chargers... can they be used if so how to connect? I have been offered a cgo3 from a yuneec typhoon q500 which has a 3 pin connection. Can i get or make a cable to connect to the chroma and will it bind and work? thanks for help

Hi Im new to the forum and to drones. I have bought a used Blade Chroma with ST10+ and flight Battery. No charger or Cgo3 camera gimbal. Where can i get a charger in the UK? I have 3s lipo chargers... can they be used if so how to connect? I have been offered a cgo3 from a yuneec typhoon q500 which has a 3 pin connection. Can i get or make a cable to connect to the chroma and will it bind and work? thanks for help
"I have 3s lipo chargers... can they be used if so how to connect?"
It depends on what you mean by 3s LiPo charger. If you are talking about a typical balance board type aftermarket RC charger, then yes. There is an adapter made for the Chroma battery. Blade Chroma Flight Pack High-Current Charge Adapter [BLH8624] 605482594254 | eBay as an example.

Can i get or make a cable to connect to the chroma and will it bind and work?
The part you need is a YUNCGO3104 (CGO3 Camera Connection Cable). This one is on eBay. You should be able to find others. Gimbal Camera Connect Cable Connection Wire For Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K CGO3 | eBay
Yes. The CGo3 from a Q500 will work perfectly. Other than the color of the plastic and the lack of contact pins on the white version, they are the same camera and use the same firmware.

Reactions: Pier2162
I now have a used cgo3 camera. cant test it till i can find a lead to connect to the chroma. can someone answer 2 questions please :
what are the 3 pin connectors for on the top of the gimbal and can they connect to the base of the chroma?
should the gimbal cables be visible externally as in this photo?

Attachments

• IMG_20211018_150646.jpg
    IMG_20211018_150646.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
I now have a used cgo3 camera. cant test it till i can find a lead to connect to the chroma. can someone answer 2 questions please :
what are the 3 pin connectors for on the top of the gimbal and can they connect to the base of the chroma?
should the gimbal cables be visible externally as in this photo?
Actually, that's three questions:

"what are the 3 pin connectors for on the top of the gimbal"
Those are for connecting to the "Hot Shoe" arrangement of the Q5004K. They are the same three functions as the three wire cable normally used to connect a CGo3 to a Chroma.

"can they connect to the base of the chroma?"
Depends on how bad you want it. The mount for a Q500 4K will not work because of the screw spacing. But I think the mount for a Typhoon H will fit with employment of some spacers or maybe shell modification. There is not much room inside the battery compartment for the wiring. I started to install the "hot shoe" system on mine a while back and decided the benefit was not worth what it would take to route the wires inside. You might have enough clearance between the mount and the shell to route the wires externally to the existing plug on the Chroma shell. At least it would make the camera faster to mount and dismount.

"should the gimbal cables be visible externally as in this photo?"
Yes. That is normal.

Actually, that's three questions:

"what are the 3 pin connectors for on the top of the gimbal"
Those are for connecting to the "Hot Shoe" arrangement of the Q5004K. They are the same three functions as the three wire cable normally used to connect a CGo3 to a Chroma.

"can they connect to the base of the chroma?"
Depends on how bad you want it. The mount for a Q500 4K will not work because of the screw spacing. But I think the mount for a Typhoon H will fit with employment of some spacers or maybe shell modification. There is not much room inside the battery compartment for the wiring. I started to install the "hot shoe" system on mine a while back and decided the benefit was not worth what it would take to route the wires inside. You might have enough clearance between the mount and the shell to route the wires externally to the existing plug on the Chroma shell. At least it would make the camera faster to mount and dismount.

"should the gimbal cables be visible externally as in this photo?"
Yes. That is normal.
Could you please send a link to the Typhoon H mount you describe as. Im not sure what Im looking for. thanks

This is the Typhoon H mount installed on a Chroma. Since I wrote the previous post, I mounted one on a Chroma. Spacers are needed if you want to use the contacts. I used three plastic washers from the local hardware. No spacers are needed if you remove the contact board and just use the mount itself as a replacement for the original Chroma mount. This one is powered using the same pigtail you would normally use just to connect the camera directly. The only advantage is not having to unplug it each time if you happen to be using a CG03 that has the mating contacts on the camera side of the mount. It could also be wired internally if you wanted to hide the wires.
This link is to a US Website (John Mitchell @Yuneec Skins) that has the mounts:
P1160047.JPG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop