Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

flight mode 2.0 constant looping

Reaction score
I recently bought a used Typhoon H Plus and the ST16S when powered up keeps cylcing from the start-up screen for flight mode 2.0 to the standard control screen continuously. I can get to the android home screen by hitting the back button but still cannot figure out how to fix the isuue? Any thoughts , factory reset and download Flight Mode from Yuneec's website?

If you can get to the menu to do a factory reset that would be the best option. If you can’t find the FlightMode 2 on Yuneec’s site it is available in downloads on the YuneecSkins.com site.

Reactions: Quadflyer Gary
If you can access the android menu then do a factory reset.

I have down loaded all the firmware files from the yuneec website for the H plus - 1. APK, 2. flightcontroller, 3.camera us version, and 4. gimbal. Do ijust copy these to the SD card and do the factory reset? Sorry for the questions but computer knowledge has always been confusing for me.

I have down loaded all the firmware files from the yuneec website for the H plus - 1. APK, 2. flightcontroller, 3.camera us version, and 4. gimbal. Do ijust copy these to the SD card and do the factory reset? Sorry for the questions but computer knowledge has always been confusing for me.
See Attachment 31 (H Plus SD Card Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade) of the PDF document attached to Way To Fix Drones project.

I had this happen as well. Doing the factory reset and reinstalling flight mode 2.0 worked for me so far.

When I try to download the 822(US) build file from the dropbox it appears to be downloading normally but at the very end it says "couldn't download - network error" with Edge browser or " failed - network error" on Chrome browser. I have tried various fixes to this issue concerning security settings , computer settings and resets to no avail. I have tried on my desktop and two different laptops and even had a friend try on his computer with the same result. Anyone else have trouble downloading from the dropbox file?

I notice that in your starting post you state that you bought this "used" Did it ever allow you to get past the current looping problem?
If you can get to the proper screen please try to do a "factory reset" of the controller. Make sure that your battery is fully charged before you start the reset. You should not need any "firmware update" files to do this If I'm wrong about this others will let you know. I never do a firmware update unless it is the last resort.
If you can get to the screens that show all your current firmware for the controller can you please post them here to be looked over.

When I try to download the 822(US) build file from the dropbox

You can download the files for the controller on this link. There are three files. Copy them to an sd card, install it in the controller and turn the controller on. It should update as it is booting up.
However, the apk file must be installed manually using File Manager in the Android system.

I did not see the link in Steve's post so I pulled the sd card from the controller that already had the flight mode app installed, did a factory reset as Gary suggested, reinstalled the sd card, and reinstalled the flight mode app from the card. Everything started it up as it should and seemed to be working properly. I had to bind the camera and the drone to the controller and then did a software update over wifi directly to the controller as the Yuneec manual suggests . Updates were downloaded and installed. As I was just starting to calibrated the drone the landing gear suddenly went up, I looked at the controller switch and realized it was in the up position, hmmm! I finished the calibration sequence and move the landing gear switch to the down position- nothing happens. I power the drone down and back up- landing gear still up. I set the the drone on four of its motor arms in between to chair backs with the landing gear in between. I powered off the drone and controller and restarted both- landing gear is still up. I move the switch from up to down several times with no result. Anybody know how to get the landing gear down?

Reactions: Quadflyer Gary
I did not see the link in Steve's post so I pulled the sd card from the controller that already had the flight mode app installed, did a factory reset as Gary suggested, reinstalled the sd card, and reinstalled the flight mode app from the card. Everything started it up as it should and seemed to be working properly. I had to bind the camera and the drone to the controller and then did a software update over wifi directly to the controller as the Yuneec manual suggests . Updates were downloaded and installed. As I was just starting to calibrated the drone the landing gear suddenly went up, I looked at the controller switch and realized it was in the up position, hmmm! I finished the calibration sequence and move the landing gear switch to the down position- nothing happens. I power the drone down and back up- landing gear still up. I set the the drone on four of its motor arms in between to chair backs with the landing gear in between. I powered off the drone and controller and restarted both- landing gear is still up. I move the switch from up to down several times with no result. Anybody know how to get the landing gear down?
Well it's good news to hear that you fixed the firmware update problem. If all is working well for me I almost never do a firmware update and just leave well enough alone. Sorry, to hear that you have the landing gear stuck. Do NOT try to force them up or down! I have seen several posts on the forum from others so just run a search for "stuck landing gear" and see what you get. That little switch should have a cover on it. You must get into the habit of checking the position of it(so it is in the right position) each and every time before you start up your controller and A/C. Wish I could be of more help with this topic.

Last edited:
You have to turn the drone upside down while operating the landing gear switch when the drone is not in flight. If the drone is right side up, the switch will not do anything until you are in flight above a certain altitude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval