Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away... Experienced pilot. Decipher logs?

Reaction score
Hi, I bought my H over 2 weeks ago and has no issues whatsoever... I am a very experienced drone hobbyist and haven't had a fly away since my first drone (if you can call it that) an AR Drone years ago. I found my H after tracking it down using Trackimo. It ended up flying a total of about 20 miles according to Trackimo, and crashed into a tree with the landing gear down a few streets over. Ripped the gimbal and camera clean off and broke some props. The arms now have play as well.
My question is can anyone decipher the flight logs and let me know what the **** happened??? Yuneec is looking into it but said I won't know for a few days and I'm becoming impatient because I'm stumped. Please help!
It is log #51, but I included my entire flight log folder since I bought it new.

Thx, Wes

Attachments

• FlightLog.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Whilst I have not looked at the telemetry files, I had exactly the same thing happen with a Q500 4K a few months ago whilst Yuneec UK did give me a completely new replacement after about a month, they also said that they had sent the bits along with the ST10+ memory data card to their European headquarters for investigation, and said they would let me know the cause of the fly away but I'm still waiting to hear, since that incident I purchased the TH whilst it did have a few initial problems that have now all been sorted, this I'm pleased to say fly's extremely well with no concerns, but my previous Yuneec its left me feeling concerned safety wise about flying the Q500 4K until I get some details about the cause of my fly away back from them.

Whilst I'm sorry you had a fly away I hope they treat your case fairly and give you a replacement quickly and also let you know what the problem was that caused the fly away.

Reactions: Wes Watkins
Whilst I have not looked at the telemetry files, I had exactly the same thing happen with a Q500 4K a few months ago whilst Yuneec UK did give me a completely new replacement after about a month, they also said that they had sent the bits along with the ST10+ memory data card to their European headquarters for investigation, and said they would let me know the cause of the fly away but I'm still waiting to hear, since that incident I purchased the TH whilst it did have a few initial problems that have now all been sorted, this I'm pleased to say fly's extremely well with no concerns, but my previous Yuneec its left me feeling concerned safety wise about flying the Q500 4K until I get some details about the cause of my fly away back from them.

Whilst I'm sorry you had a fly away I hope they treat your case fairly and give you a replacement quickly and also let you know what the problem was that caused the fly away.

Thanks Sparkorc. I did absolutely nothing wrong... Performed my pre-flight inspection and all like I always do and didn't panic in the situation, just tried to get it back all while in angle mode. The panic came afterwards ;) I just wish it was like my 3DR where I can turn GPS off manually with the flip of a switch. That would have prevented the flyaway because then I have FULL control without relying on false satellite signals, excessive HDOP, or drone malfunction. I guess I'll have to practice using the touchscreen to manually turn GPS off in a quick manner just in case (God forbid) this happens again! Has anyone had success in being able to quickly turn the GPS off?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots