Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly Away....... She gone forever!!!!

Reaction score
Well I have been searching for days....miles....hours. To no luck. I been reading everything on here to try to find it and find out what caused it to do this. And hopefully prevent or know what to do in a future event. I picked up a mint H for a very good price I think??? $350??? Mint condition as owner had no time for it. Back pack, Wand, Spare rotors, Gimball parts and mounts and two batteries, Factory one swollen but holds a perfect charge....not using that one.

I picked it up for a self reward of school and putting the bottle down. The owner test flew it and it performed great....Well to me. I got it home. Charged a few packs and came straight here and made a account and started reading. Next thing I did was put in a charged packed and turned it on and sat it on the roof of my car for a hour. To make sure the on board battery would charge up from sitting for a year. It showed 14 sats connected. I figured all good!

So I tossed in a new pack. Calibrated it. And took my first flight with it. Loved it! It responded very well no glitching or anything. Happy with how that went. I packed it up for the day and ran my errands. Got back home that night and decided to do a couple of night flights. Found out one battery had a bad cell when hovering and it dropped voltage and the copter veered right very quickly and came down hard....Only 10 feet in air or so. Only damage was a rotor... So I changed that one. Recalibrated it and put in a good battery. It flew great! so I called in a night slash morning.

Morning time! I decided to go for one more flight before picking up my son. This is when I noticed this. It took longer to acquire sat signals as I could not start it. Waited 10 min and away we go......Itterly.... I was able to bring it up to about 15 feet. and it hovered great but it started drifting. Then next it went straight up and took off to the left. When it did that there was no response to it. I cut power throttle cause I rather it fall back down in these big bushes then to fly away. But it was not having that. It went over the building and that's it. A couple said they seen it flying due north. Buts that's all the info I have. I given up on finding "Batteries not included". So now its sell all of this stuff and start over. Or hopefully find just clean H copter only.

Can anyone look at these logs and try to help me figure out what went wrong? Ill really appreciate it. Thanks everyone

Attachments

• FlightLog_zip[1].zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 44
A very brief look at the data suggests this was mainly a location issue. The problems stemmed from GPS. The satellite count was pretty marginal, the accuracy was not good, and there is some suggestion the system was having trouble calculating position. It was getting ambiguous information, possibly due to GPS echo and attenuation from the trees and building. The data says the system GPS status went out just a second or two before lift-off. You got above the building, and the drone began to drift, probably due to wind. The drone got over the building, which first cut out your control signal going to the drone, and within a few seconds blocked the telemetry coming back from the drone. I have no way to tell how long the video kept working. There were some low battery indications at the end that are puzzling and might provide some information, but I did not have enough time to look at what that might mean.
I will try to look deeper tomorrow. I'm sure others can add a lot more detail and correct any misinterpretations I've made.
I don't think there is anything here that will help locate the drone.

A very brief look at the data suggests this was mainly a location issue. The problems stemmed from GPS. The satellite count was pretty marginal, the accuracy was not good, and there is some suggestion the system was having trouble calculating position. It was getting ambiguous information, possibly due to GPS echo and attenuation from the trees and building. The data says the system GPS status went out just a second or two before lift-off. You got above the building, and the drone began to drift, probably due to wind. The drone got over the building, which first cut out your control signal going to the drone, and within a few seconds blocked the telemetry coming back from the drone. I have no way to tell how long the video kept working. There were some low battery indications at the end that are puzzling and might provide some information, but I did not have enough time to look at what that might mean.
I will try to look deeper tomorrow. I'm sure others can add a lot more detail and correct any misinterpretations I've made.
I don't think there is anything here that will help locate the drone.
Thank you so much! I actually feel somewhat better knowing what happened. Closure. Thank you!

I wonder why the last time with GPS was on 2022-04-12, all later flights were without GPS in manual mode. Looking at flight 00215 that went wrong there was all the time GPS off. How could you start motors without switching off GPS manually? This should not be possible. Do you remember what FW version the drone had?

Roll stick is not centered but only 1%. This may cause a little drift side-wards, but really little. After 36s you gave pitch and roll more than 80% power and the drone is speeding up (in manual mode the Typhoon H is very agile). So far I can see that it reacts correct to the stick movements.
Keep in mind in manual mode it will not stop if you center the stick but go on with its inertia. I think this is the time where things went wrong.
The last signals came from the camera above or on the roof of the hotel. It starts flying over the building in 30m height but came back and the last altitude shown was 23m. I think the building has that height or higher. So, my first look would be on the roof of the building on the side towards the street. If you have a friend with a drone it's worth do check that.

br HE

After several flyaways in 7 years I always put a backup GPS tracker and Tile BT on drones that have lift capabilitties.
Tile pro works to about 250ft via BT. GPS duplicates flight. Just and extra safeguard. No
guarantees .

Congrates on self reward been there.

Reactions: Calieorangeflyer
The biggest concern I see is that there is not a good battery in the bunch. The longest duration is about 3:30 minutes and voltage drops from 16.5V down below 14V in that time span. Others last less than a minute after liftoff.

Last flight.jpg
The last part of the flight showed it climbing on the path where you see the blue triangle labeled Yuneec Typhoon H. It then peaks and starts descending along the straight line when the voltages drops too low. It could be on the roof or rolled off into the tree below that part of the roof.

Reactions: Chris Koch
What program are people using to analyse this flight log data? (Be useful to know.)

On some drones, you get fly-aways when the Take-off position didn't get logged as the new home point, and the drone retains the home point of the previous time it was used. If the drone loses connection or something else that makes it do an emergency RTL, it flies off to that previous home point. I've had DJI drones that thought their RTH point was somewhere in China.

Any chance this simplistic explanation is the reason?

We use Q500log2kml developed by @h-elsner and you can get it from his downloads page on his website Private Homepage h-elsner.

There were enough satellites, but it was like the GPS had been turned off. The GPS data was good, but not being used. Again the biggest issue was the terrible state of the batteries being used. This one went from 16.5V to 13.5V in less than a minute.

Reactions: Whisperit
The biggest concern I see is that there is not a good battery in the bunch. The longest duration is about 3:30 minutes and voltage drops from 16.5V down below 14V in that time span. Others last less than a minute after liftoff.

View attachment 28038
The last part of the flight showed it climbing on the path where you see the blue triangle labeled Yuneec Typhoon H. It then peaks and starts descending along the straight line when the voltages drops too low. It could be on the roof or rolled off into the tree below that part of the roof.
Holly crap!!!!!!!!! I been searching the wrong area thanks to being told miss informed information!!!!! this picture is it!!!!!!!!! Ill report right back!!!!!!!

Well good news and bad news. Good news I would like to take time to thank everyone that took time out of their lives to help me. And for helping others in my situation. So long story short. I printed up some color fliers off my laptop. Attached the pictures that you guys provided and some of the "H". I then used the information provided here and passed out fliers in a radius to all the business where it could of landed. I gave a margin of error. Well the drone landed successfully in the grass. Lights on. Spot on to the information you guys provided. But...... And its sad to say. Someone else decided they too are now into drones.

Long story short is the company I gave a flier too has cameras. And they showed me the bad news, A sedan drives by......makes a u turn and comes back. A passenger female jumps outs and runs and grabs it. The part that hurts the most. 10 min later you see me walking with the remote up the side walk. I cross the street and walk threw the grass where she landed. Having no ideal what just happened. They must be intending on keeping it cause I went to the police station, fire department and city hall. I been on craigslist lost and found, Facebook lost and found. And the city community page that residents and people post on. Sorry about the grammar cause I pretty upset about this. And I'm trying to keep it short and brief. I'm looking at the positive side of this. I found this great site, good information and cool members.

Also some tips and lessons learned to prevent this or make this less likely to happen again. Ill be posting a for sale thread of spare parts and items for a "H". I can use those funds to find another bird!

So thanks everyone, and you guys have a blessed night.

Thieves! I hate thieves, we need to go back to the old time punishment of cutting off their hands!

Guessing then video didn't provide a view of the car license plate. Not sure what they will do with it without a controller, can't just go to a store and buy one. The odds of knowing what they have seems slim. Maybe watch local ebay or FB Marketplace for an H for sale.

Reactions: Rajakin07

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval