Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fly away

Reaction score
Flying the Typhoon H in angle mode at an elevation of approx 75' and a distance of 800' I started to have camera communications issues (video freeze). Sensing a potential problem I started to return to H back to me. During the return to me, the H stopped responding to input and hovered and then went side to side rapidly then proceeded to fly full speed down into a tree. I did have the rate slider about halfway between rabbit & turtle. Any thought as to what may have happened? I did recover the H with camera damage, broken motor arm, and right landing gear.
Time of day was 8:00 Am EDST
High Humidity, temp 82 deg. I did just come from an air conditioned environment. The area is a housing construction area with a number of earth moving equipment nearby and a metal job site trailer.

I did have a clear line of site to the H

Reactions: WTFDproject
Flying the Typhoon H in angle mode at an elevation of approx 75' and a distance of 800' I started to have camera communications issues (video freeze). Sensing a potential problem I started to return to H back to me. During the return to me, the H stopped responding to input and hovered and then went side to side rapidly then proceeded to fly full speed down into a tree. I did have the rate slider about halfway between rabbit & turtle. Any thought as to what may have happened? I did recover the H with camera damage, broken motor arm, and right landing gear.
Time of day was 8:00 Am EDST
High Humidity, temp 82 deg. I did just come from an air conditioned environment. The area is a housing construction area with a number of earth moving equipment nearby and a metal job site trailer.

I did have a clear line of site to the H
First things first. Zip together all your telemetry files from this flight and upload them here. Then we'll see whats what.

Edit to say that it's never a good idea to fly in high humidity having just come from an air conditioned environment. Not saying this is what caused it...just sayin it ain't a good idea.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Hi Magnum,
I was about to post the same request for telemetry when @FlushVision posted. Note it is the entire "Flightlog" directory that is needed. Unfortunately, that directory has a sub-directory actually named "Telemetry", and that causes confusion. It is the entire Flightlog that is needed to do a review.

Very very in usual event you just described for the H to do that?
Do you recall how close the H was to you when it decided to go nuts?

Edit to say that it's never a good idea to fly in high humidity having just come from an air conditioned environment. Not saying this is what caused it...just sayin it ain't a good idea.
Flush, I live in a very high humid part of the country. While driving and having my A/C on with my H, I've not encountered humidity causing issues.
I've also flown with a bit of sprinkle in the air.
Only issue I have, when my Nikon camera lens gets fogged up.

Scroll down to Doomiester post 5. To see how to upload your Telemetry.

Flush, I live in a very high humid part of the country. While driving and having my A/C on with my H, I've not encountered humidity causing issues.
I've also flown with a bit of sprinkle in the air.
Only issue I have, when my Nikon camera lens gets fogged up.
Fair comment, @AH-1G . It's normally no where as humid here in the North West of England (although at the moment it is humid) and, generally, a lot of dwellings here don't have Air-Con...though my car does but I convey my TH in the extreme back of my car, behind the back seats.. It was just the thought of some condensation occurring that prompted me to say that. When I set up my TH it is at least 10 minutes between pulling it out of the back of my car to powering on the aircraft. Plenty of time for any moisture to dissipate.

I flew my TH once over a Scottish loch (Spectical Loch in Dumfies & Galloway) back in 2017 and it started raining while I was in the air. I landed as soon as possible but there was rain on it...didn't come to any harm though.

I think once the H is in the air, the firmware produces a good amount of heat that the moisture will dissipate rather quickly.
Every once in a while I will hose down the H to keep it clean. air hose;)

First things first. Zip together all your telemetry files from this flight and upload them here. Then we'll see whats what.

Edit to say that it's never a good idea to fly in high humidity having just come from an air-conditioned environment. Not saying this is what caused it...just sayin it ain't a good idea.

Morning All,
Sorry, it took so long to reply I have been away for a few weeks. I have attached the telemetry from the crash. I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I now have another issue post-crash and repair. The aircraft responds normally with inputs on the left stick. When in angle mode with inputs on the right stick the aircraft goes forward, reverse, left and right. However, the orientation of the aircraft never changes. It is always pointing away from me.

Attachments

• Crash Data 7-21-19.zip
    156.8 KB · Views: 4
The aircraft responds normally with inputs on the left stick. When in angle mode with inputs on the right stick the aircraft goes forward, reverse, left and right. However, the orientation of the aircraft never changes. It is always pointing away from me.
Not sure what your problem is.
In mode 2 and Angle mode, inputs only on the right stick should do exactly that: Left-right-forward-reverse with no change in orientation. It is inputs on the left stick that will change orientation. Please clarify what your problem is.

Not sure what your problem is.
In mode 2 and Angle mode, inputs only on the right stick should do exactly that: Left-right-forward-reverse with no change in orientation. It is inputs on the left stick that will change orientation. Please clarify what your problem is.
Thanks for the reply. Prior to the crash, I could fly with the left stick i.e. a figure 8 with the front of the aircarft facing the direction of travel. Now the aircraft faces only one direction when doing a figure 8. ??

Thanks for the reply. Prior to the crash, I could fly with the left stick i.e. a figure 8 with the front of the aircarft facing the direction of travel. Now the aircraft faces only one direction when doing a figure 8. ??
Edit. What I said here was rubbish. Lemme think about it.

Last edited:

Go into System Settings on the ST-16 and select Mode Select. See what your setting is there. Normal setting is Mode 2. To do what you describe you would need to be in Mode 1.

Have you always used left stick up to takeoff or did you previously use right stick up to launch?

Edit. What I said here was rubbish. Lemme think about it.
I'm such a dunce. The correct stick I use to do the figure 8 is the right stick and the ST-16 is in Mode2. I can perform a figure 8 or a circle however the front of the aircraft will not face the direction of travel. Sorry for the confusion.

I'm such a dunce. The correct stick I use to do the figure 8 is the right stick and the ST-16 is in Mode2. I can perform a figure 8 or a circle however the front of the aircraft will not face the direction of travel. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for the clarification. I was at a loss.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop