Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flyaway? First one?

I'd say something went terribly wrong. Either Pilot error or Drone error. The Typhoon H does lose GPS signal now and then, most times for very short periods that most pilots don't even notice. When it does lose the signal it is than at the mercy of the wind, but it certainly won't take off at 40 mph in one direction, or at least it shouldn't (there would have to be a major software/hardware glitch).

Exactly...maybe trying to scam a free H somehow, or he simply f-ed up.
I don't know but watch and listen to the video at the 2:57 - 3:06 and then 3:25 _ 3:33 maybe this did happen but
how can you loose video on your screen and someone else sees it on your screen.

Similar happened to me, H was out about 80 feet, 30 feet high and it just took off, my H was weaving from side to side before it crashed into a large bush. Yuneec UK have had my H now for 2 weeks, all they've told me is that there wasn't too much damage.
Hoping to be returned to me next week

Same thing here, flying nice and pretty and it took off and crashed. Yuneec said they could not find the cause, so they replaced the flight controller and some other parts and are shipping it back. I believe this platform is not ready for prime time. Maybe with some time it ill mature to a good platform.

I'd say something went terribly wrong. Either Pilot error or Drone error. The Typhoon H does lose GPS signal now and then, most times for very short periods that most pilots don't even notice. When it does lose the signal it is than at the mercy of the wind, but it certainly won't take off at 40 mph in one direction, or at least it shouldn't (there would have to be a major software/hardware glitch).

I wonder if there is something going on with your GPS, possible interference.
My H telemetry shows GPS never dropping below 17 during the short hour and a half of flying I have done so far. No problems with control at all.

Boy sometimes this is a harsh forum. I doubt he is anything but sincere. He obviously has owned Yuneec products before and it is easy to verify his purchase of the H. There are enough reports of somewhat erratic behavior of this happening previously, so I am willing to see if he will be given the benefit of doubt.

Just hope it doesn't happen to the rest of us.

Reactions: DroneClone
I doubt the ST16 flew away too! So he would have flight data on the 16 ! Give all the benefit of doubt, before doubting yourself!;)

I don't think the ST16 flew away, it was the H itself. o_O:rolleyes::D

If you lose GPS, the absolute worst thing to do is hit RTH. Leave the switches alone and stay on the sticks (gently) to regain control.

Reactions: FlushVision
I had 20 satellites at the time of my fly away & had only flown 5 minutes on my 3rd battery. I switched from angle to RTH but made no difference what so ever, my H was on a wild goose chase with myself jaw dropped & bemused.
The way my H flew was very erratic, swaying from side to side & flying away from me.
From realising that my H was flying on its own accord, to H crashing would be about 10 to 15 seconds.

I had 20 satellites at the time of my fly away & had only flown 5 minutes on my 3rd battery. I switched from angle to RTH but made no difference what so ever, my H was on a wild goose chase with myself jaw dropped & bemused.
The way my H flew was very erratic, swaying from side to side & flying away from me.
From realising that my H was flying on its own accord, to H crashing would be about 10 to 15 seconds.
My comment was in regard to Ereese's video above. He said the ST16 vibrated and a warning popped up regarding GPS loss. Switching to RTH in this case is useless and would waste time. In your case, it sounds like a complete failure of one of the systems, but we won't know unless Yuneec tells you what occurred. I hope they do that so we can learn what is happening in these cases.
Can you post the telemetry file so we can see if there are any clues??

I posted the controller with the H, so Yuneec could analyse the telemetry files.
Yuneec have been first class so far, dragging there heels a bit in returning it to me, patience is a virtue.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I don't have the H but I did own the 920 for a while. Not sure if the software is the same but I have a feeling it is similar. This is a total guess on my part but I think when you engage the RTH switch the software will only allow very limited amount of control input, after all you are telling the system, in this case the ST-16. to please take control of my aircraft and bring it back home. Of course in order for the RTH to work you must have a good GPS connection so you aren't going to get any response when you engage without GPS. Would it be conceivable that when the RTH was engaged that caused a reduction in control function, the pilot feels that control inputs are lost and the fact that their was no GPS signal the RTH would not work. If that's the case then switching to RTH would be something you wouldn't want to engage without confirming you have a solid GPS signal. The total lose of GPS signal with the H is another issue that Yuneec will need to fix. I lost GPS signal with the 920 many times but only for a few seconds at a time, so the best scenario would not to engage RTH and fly the aircraft without GPS signal, leave the RTH switch alone. I'm not placing blame on anyone because the Yuneec birds are known to have GPS drop out, just trying to help. Hope Yuneec will help you out Ereese. Good luck.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval