Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Is the Typhoon H safe?

Reaction score
I am purchasing a Typhoon H from Hungary and in recent reviews I have noticed that there are many warnings about the batteries catching fire, exploding, etc.

Also I have noticed many different reviews that say their Typhoon had a flyaway and was uncontrollable and did not respond to controls.

I intend on using the drone in a commercial area with many buildings and I am concerned of the likelihood of losing control of the drone, crashing and causing an explosion or fire on or into a building.

Any data on this?

I have noticed that there are many warnings about the batteries catching fire, exploding, etc.
Reports of these things are generally with cell phones and laptops. Rarely with any drones including Yuneec. Nearly all Lipo batteries show warning signs of failure. If a user ignores those signs the problem isn't with the battery but with the user.
reviews that say their Typhoon had a flyaway
Flyaways are, again, rare. Yuneec products do not have a higher incident rate.
When they do happen it is generally a failure of the user to do a proper preflight checklist. The flight logs recorded on the controller document what happens with the aircraft and the settings and commands used on the controller. We have analyzed thousands of logs. Those reviews show well over 90% of flight problems are pilot error.

If you are going to purchase any drone it's your responsibility to become thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the aircraft and the controller. Most crashes occur during the first few flights. The reason is obvious.

Reports of these things are generally with cell phones and laptops. Rarely with any drones including Yuneec. Nearly all Lipo batteries show warning signs of failure. If a user ignores those signs the problem isn't with the battery but with the user.

Flyaways are, again, rare. Yuneec products do not have a higher incident rate.
When they do happen it is generally a failure of the user to do a proper preflight checklist. The flight logs recorded on the controller document what happens with the aircraft and the settings and commands used on the controller. We have analyzed thousands of logs. Those reviews show well over 90% of flight problems are pilot error.

If you are going to purchase any drone it's your responsibility to become thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the aircraft and the controller. Most crashes occur during the first few flights. The reason is obvious.

Thanks very much. That is far more sane and less nerve racking than pretty much everything else I am reading and seeing about the Typhoon H.

I have fully read and checked out on the Typhoon H manual, I'm I/P doing a part 107 commercial course, etc. do you or anyone else have any particular advice on how to become thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about the aircraft and controller beyond that, and beyond gaining familiarity and experience WITHOUT doing so in a way that will cause damage? (ie I saw somewhere on a post that someone's drone smashed against a wall after takeoff because of the right stick being stuck in the left position--seems like common sense, but is there any sort of actual pre-flight checklist, etc?)

Thank you.

There is no official preflight checklist published by Yuneec. There is guidance in the user enhanced manual in the sticky threads in the TH sub forums here. Checking the hardware monitor and the final output display will help alert you to issues that lead to problems you have read about.

You also need to realize that GPS assisted drones from all manufacturers have issues with drift in areas with tall buildings and trees where the signals from the various satellites get blocked and/or reflected.

This is part of the reason they must be kept within visual line of sight so the PIC can control and prevent such issues.

Last edited:
I am purchasing a Typhoon H from Hungary and in recent reviews I have noticed that there are many warnings about the batteries catching fire, exploding, etc.

Also I have noticed many different reviews that say their Typhoon had a flyaway and was uncontrollable and did not respond to controls.

I intend on using the drone in a commercial area with many buildings and I am concerned of the likelihood of losing control of the drone, crashing and causing an explosion or fire on or into a building.

Any data on this?
The batteries will puff out a bit and from there, voltage will fluctuate during flights which will cause all kinds of bad thing to happen. I love my 480 but it will lose gps 2-3 times i fly it. I definitely would never fly it close to skyscrapers or in a urban setting, coomercially, unless I had someone with another 16 doing the camera work, while I flew. I strongly suggest you acquaint yourself with switching the gps off and flying manually, over and over and over again. I'm not joking.

Any data on this?
I have a Typhoon H pro and a Q500 never had any issues, with them, that is my input, you need to understand what firmware is loaded on the machine ask our TECH team experts in the division and very helpful

For second-hand drones, the most important thing is the condition of the remote. Let the guy read all possible topics about checks, calibrations, etc. After that the best approach is to learn to fly with any drone, this one is sophisticated for beginners. And so on...

Reactions: Pier2162
Do all calibrations when you are flying in a new area. The only issue I have ever encountered is a Typhoon not wanting to land because the calibration is off.

You lost me at many buildings.....wide open spaces? Great, a H between skyscrapers!?! Yeah no🙃

This is a bit more complete. I'm sure none of you need this, but regardless. Found it on airsight.com

Checklist.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold