Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying speed

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does flying speed affect flying time? If i set speed to low do I get few minutes more or not really?

Should I sett speed to max or lower it down?

Thanks

Forward at about half speed or low hover is slightly more efficient.
Full speed and high hover eat power.
Aggressive climbs, starts, and stops are the worst.

@Sureshot is spot on as far as an answer to the exact question is concerned.

I’ll throw another perspective: when the objective of a flight is capturing video, what kind of shot is being attempted?

Followed by: what might be the optimum aircraft speed for optimum video?

The two questions are intertwined, of course. The speed of the aircraft matched to the type of shot desired, is the most important consideration. Once this is known, with experience, it is then one’s priority to learn the capabilities of the equipment being used, and plan a flight plan accordingly.

If the needed flight plans exceed the capabilities of the aircraft system (including flight time available) then one has two choices: smaller, more numerous flights or, more substantial equipment to perform the desired task.

Sorry for stating the obvious [to the more seasoned] veterans. Hopefully the not so veteran fliers happening to read this thread will appreciate some of the insight.

Happy flying, and planning!

Jeff

I’m sure you were referring to the speed setting in the drone settings. The one problem with lowering that setting is that it makes it harder to combat the wind on a windy day. If flying on a calm day you can lower that setting to make your videos somewhat smoother, but if it is windy set it to the maximum.

Learning to control the speed of the aircraft with the flight controls is always the best way. It is a bit tricky with the Breeze as it uses virtual sticks or the game controller and both are touchy.

Reactions: Lukasons
I've been flying a CCC mission weekly for a year.
One time the wind on the ground was about 15, so I flew the mission.
When back home, I checked the UAV forecast, the wind aloft was 25-30.
The video came out perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval