Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Flying with waypoints without cg03 gimbal/camera

Rgd

Reaction score
Hi, I can fly with my Typhoon H a predefined waypoints circuit as long as the gimbal and camera are mounted on the drone. I would like to fly with a special camera without the gimbal. This does not seem to work. Is there a workaround? Thanks for your help. Regards Rene

Hi, I can fly with my Typhoon H a predefined waypoints circuit as long as the gimbal and camera are mounted on the drone. I would like to fly with a special camera without the gimbal. This does not seem to work. Is there a workaround? Thanks for your help. Regards Rene
I wonder if you can edit the file, strip off anything pertaining to the camera movements, and put that in your control. Maybe it's getting errors when it see's them with no camera. By the way CBC files are text files you can edit with any text editor.

I wonder if you can edit the file, strip off anything pertaining to the camera movements, and put that in your control. Maybe it's getting errors when it see's them with no camera. By the way CBC files are text files you can edit with any text editor.
Ccc files. Sorry

Hi Russel. Thanks for your reply. I had tried that allready. At the moment I remove the gimbal data from the file, the ST16 does not see the waypoints anymore.
Regards Rene

I monitored allready the communication. I am bussy to make a small pcb with a microcontroller, that will reply the communication as if it was the gimbal. However I hoped there was an easier workarround.
Regards Rene

Everything needed to run flight plans resides in camera firmware. The camera is also needed to log GPS data. Without the camera you can’t fly a previously stored CCC route. The code for Team mode is also part of camera functionality. Change to a different camera or fly without one and Team mode is no longer possible.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thanks for your message. It is is not what I hoped for, but it saves me a lot of work and a dissapointment later.

For someone, who might be interested. I managed to fly with waypoints without using the gimbal. I made a small pcb with a simple micro controller. The boards sends out each second a simple serial string of 15 bytes on the tx line. It is rather simple once you know how. I found the string by monitoring the communication between the Typhoon H and the CG03. Regards

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
Hi Rene,

how did you monitor this connection? Can you tell us the parameter (protocol, speed rate, parity and so on)? What 15 byte were sent? Do you have more documentation about this serial connection?

br HE

Hi HE,

What I did was monitoring the com between the gimbal and the typh H. The baud rate is 115200. The 15 bytes have 12 bytes who are always the same. The third byte is a message counter and goes sequential from 0 to 255. The problem are the last two bytes. This is a sumcheck. The communication is a quasi Mavlink protocol. Mavlink describes how to calculate the CRC, but here
Hi Rene,

how did you monitor this connection? Can you tell us the parameter (protocol, speed rate, parity and so on)? What 15 byte were sent? Do you have more documentation about this serial connection?

br HE

Hi HE,
The baudrate is 115200, 8 bits data with start and stop, no parity. It seems to be a quasi Mavlink protocol, but not exactly, at least not according the standards I found. The message is for 12 bytes always the same, except the third byte and the last two. The third byte is a message counter, and each next message get the value of the previous + 1. So it counts the messages from 0 -255, and starts over at zer again. In this way the receiver site knows if he missed a message.
The difficult part is the CRC code at the end (last two bytes). I had hoped it was according the method I found in the Mavlink spec. But this was not the case. So I ended up to monitor the heartbeat message (this how this message is called), till I had all 256 values. I made a small pcb with a simple microcontroller on it that send out the HB mesage. The UART pulses are 3.3V. In the attached document you find the message and the required CRC codes.
Success. Regards

Attachments

• crcCodesTyphoonH.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: h-elsner
Thank you very much for this information. This means, you send a fake Heartbeat message and it works? Great!

The message identifier reminds me to some mysterious SW that I found in the ST16 firmware. I have tried to understand it to know what is in the Sensor files. The Sensor files in flight log have also a structure like MAVlink messages but are all different.
Up to now I still don't know what is in - a secret. The message identifier there is BC'h followed by a lenght indicator, a fix part and payload.

The part in the Firmware I mean is this one:

Attachments

• MavLinkPackage.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop