Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Folding Arm Lock Replacement

Reaction score
I have a broken folding arm locking hook (the lock is the part in the body, not the arm).
From what I see I need to remove the lower shell to get to the screws for the folding arm lock.
I was able to purchase the parts at Terrestrial Imaging, but could not find any repair instructions.

Thanks for some ideas / direction

Joe

Thanks @JCFlippen, but as mentioned that is not the problem. I saw this video before and it is not addressing the repair I need. Below is a photo of the Locking Hook as well as its location in the body.
Joe
2016-10-24 09.33.42.jpg 2016-10-24 09.33.02.jpg

Joe the locking mechanism is not a problem even if it's broken as long as the arm will lift up the weight of the typhoon H will keep it up. All that mechanism is, is a piece of metal that settles into the arm mechanism. You might be able to use a flathead screwdriver to bend it down a little bit so that it will set.

Last edited:
Yuneec has no direction how to fix it and suggested to send it in.
I also was not successful finding anything on YouTube either

Hi yes I have also done this repair last weekend I removed the bottom shell also, swapped out the arm hooks and put it all back together, it was fairly simple, whilst I did it I put the top part back on to protect the components. Once you have everything apart you should be done in around 2minutes, then have the joy of putting it all back together [emoji23][emoji106] good. Luck

I have a broken folding arm locking hook (the lock is the part in the body, not the arm).
From what I see I need to remove the lower shell to get to the screws for the folding arm lock.
I was able to purchase the parts at Terrestrial Imaging, but could not find any repair instructions.

Thanks for some ideas / direction

Joe

The plastic case will flex enough to get a screw driver in there without disassembly. I have successfully replaced two this way.

One thing to note tho I did remove the crossbar that holds the arm in place to get it easier, I didn't want to be overly forceful, in retrospect I should have done a short video [emoji23]

This set blade in the mechanism if you lift the arms up I don't know maybe 1000 times will eventually smooth out a little bit this is not a problem

The plastic case will flex enough to get a screw driver in there without disassembly. I have successfully replaced two this way.

Excellent. Thank you. I will give that a try when I am back home. Did you remove the folding arm prior?

One thing to note tho I did remove the crossbar that holds the arm in place to get it easier, I didn't want to be overly forceful, in retrospect I should have done a short video [emoji23]

Wow... very comprehensive video. just replaced the retractor ... should have waited...lol
I will try the flexing as JimmyLee described... removing the bottom shell is then Plan B :)

Excellent. Thank you. I will give that a try when I am back home. Did you remove the folding arm prior?

Yes, top cover and arm was removed.

The first generation hook was a brittle brass looking pot metal. Replacements look to be of a better material.

Joe,
If you think about it, and have not replaced it yet, take some pictures. Would really help out others in the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis