Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Found a guy on Youtube telling people they can add apps to the ST16

Reaction score
I was perusing YouTube, seeing if I could pick up any tips on my new H and came across a review by Colski Drones. In it he is telling people that there is an Android tablet accessible on the ST16 and you can add apps to it.:eek:. I logged into my YouTube Account and posted a rebuttal. I informed them that you can not add apps via Playstore, and the only app approved by Yuneec is UAVToolbox. I then let them know some people have been password locked out of their controllers. Please do not add apps I said.

YUNEEC TYPHOON H LOVE IT OR HATE IT

I was perusing YouTube, seeing if I could pick up any tips on my new H and came across a review by Colski Drones. In it he is telling people that there is an Android tablet accessible on the ST16 and you can add apps to it.:eek:. I logged into my YouTube Account and posted a rebuttal. I informed them that you can not add apps via Playstore, and the only app approved by Yuneec is UAVToolbox. I then let them know some people have been password locked out of their controllers. Please do not add apps I said.

Chuck,

Agreeing with you but clarifying just a bit...

What this guy is saying is true. There IS an Android tablet built into the controller, AND.., apps CAN be installed.

The key point touted by many is: “the tablet is dedicated to controlling an aircraft. DO NOT add anything not approved for the primary function!”

Ignoring several statements made early in the video, I knew this guy did not really know the Typhoon H, let alone the ST16, as soon as he said “the Android tablet feature is a gimmick; I don’t know why anyone would want to use it.” That told me he didn’t have a clue as to how applications have to sit on top of something [operating system]. The ST16 lets the user get to the OS for various reasons most users already know.

Glad you posted a rebuttal to the video. Hopefully it will help keep some out of trouble.

Jeff

I also just went on and made a comment about what he said about the color of the DJI being better. Neither is better than the other, both need the color to be adjusted. DJI is over saturated, and Yuneec is under saturated.

That told me he didn’t have a clue as to how applications have to sit on top of something [operating system]. The ST16 lets the user get to the OS for various reasons most users already know.

We could run it on Dos 6.0... of course we'll have to move some stuff around to get that 3.5" floppy drive in there... :oops:

I'd also like to see the Risk Assessment for the flight in the video!!

Could we get it to run on my old Interdec Superbrain ? It's got DOS 1.25 and twin 360k Floppies and 64K RAM?

Radio Shack TRS-80... anyone got a cassette lying around? ?

LOL...I had a Trash 80 when I was a student at NTSU.....so long ago....

Used one in a hospital circa 85-95... linked to a custom dot-matrix printer to print patient information on Ektachrome slides as an ophthalmic photographer, pre-digital...

Used one in a hospital circa 85-95... linked to a custom dot-matrix printer to print patient information on Ektachrome slides as an ophthalmic photographer, pre-digital...
Yea, No, What? I thought we were talkin about putting apps on the controller. I must have zigged when y'all zagged

Yeah... that is a continuing issue with old farts, yanno... tangents and s**t ?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
We could run it on Dos 6.0... of course we'll have to move some stuff around to get that 3.5" floppy drive in there... :oops:
transfer the Dos6 files to an 'sd' card making it bootable. install. Do not fancy trying it, wrong processor, but in theory.
I would prefer Dos 6. Do not like MS, still on win7. Do not like android, far too many apps that you do not need and that spy on you.

I still have a pre digital slide maker. Originally used dedicated interface but I converted it to scsi.
I went around hospitals repairing them. Came across one that had been submerged in the Thames after a flood.
Insurance write off. got hold of it, stripped it, every last nut and bolt. All circuit boards washed off with soapy water then alcohol, left to dry for days. Rebuilt, it calibrated 1st go. Still have an Oxberry head for it, which was not submersed. At the time, could have been worth £30K. With digital well. DUH!

Yea, No, What? I thought we were talkin about putting apps on the controller. I must have zigged when y'all zagged

That’s how we say “not a good idea” without saying “not a good idea”. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430