Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Found My Problem, It's 16, Not Battery !

Reaction score
Well, now I get to wait a week to get a new 16 for a H that never left the Earth. The battery came dead as a door nail ! It would not charge, as it had zero voltage.
I quick charged it 94%, but when the 16 is off, and no charger plugged into it, I woke up to another dead battery. Also , after fully charging and in the 16 with it off and no charger cable attached, I could still see the battery icon charging away, also the voltage on the 16 has a icon of a charging battery that is on always, even when not charging, and even though my 16 is off and no screen on at all whatsoever, the screen it hot to the touch!
So Dragonflyerthom gave me a good idea!. Charge battery, leave it unconnected to the 16 and waited a couple hours and checked the voltage, the voltage held perfect and no drop off.
So something in the 16 is telling it to act as if it's charging, when it's not. Even in setting, "battery" with no charging is says"Charging AC" :mad:
***, does it ever end!

Last edited:
Hope it's all vetted soon. Another long road for an H owner. Most owners never have a minute of trouble and then some can't seem to find good units. Unfortunately DC, you seem to be in the latter group. But it will get sorted. Luck be with you my friend.

Reactions: DroneClone
Hope it's all vetted soon. Another long road for an H owner. Most owners never have a minute of trouble and then some can't seem to find good units. Unfortunately DC, you seem to be in the latter group. But it will get sorted. Luck be with you my friend.
3 months of perfect and 3 of ****! At least I have gotten to realize how much better my P4 fly's !!! :eek:

Reactions: rcpilot23
3 months of perfect and 3 of ****! At least I have gotten to realize how much better my P4 fly's !!! :eek:
I've heard the horror stories on that blog as well. It's just the luck of the draw. Or in this case the unluck.

well at least you had 3 months of perfect flying....i think i had 3 days....not kidding....got mine back yesterday and so far the problem seems solved....but i've been down this road three times already....

Well, now I get to wait a week to get a new 16 for a H that never left the Earth. The battery came dead as a door nail ! It would not charge, as it had zero voltage.
I quick charged it 94%, but when the 6 is off, and no charger plugged into it, I woke up to another dead battery. Also , after fully charging and in the 16 with it off and no charger cable attache, I could still see the battery icon charging away, also the voltage on the 16 has a icon of a charging battery that is on always, even when not charging, and even though my 16 is off and no screen on at all whatsoever, the screen it hot to the touch!
So Dragonflyerthom gave me a good idea!. Charge battery, leave it unconnected to the 16 and waited a couple hours and checked the voltage, the voltage held perfect and no drop off.
So something in the 16 is telling it to act as if it's charging, when it's not. Even in setting, "battery" with no charging is says"Charging AC" :mad:
***, does it ever end!

check the ST16 out completely in hardware setting etc.. you saw what they sent me LOL

well at least you had 3 months of perfect flying....i think i had 3 days....not kidding....got mine back yesterday and so far the problem seems solved....but i've been down this road three times already....
Yeah, I hear ya ! I can honestly say that they are sending out way to many H, 16's etc, without even testing them to see if they work ! Sad thing is, they say they are !:confused:

Yeah, I hear ya ! I can honestly say that they are sending out way to many H, 16's etc, without even testing them to see if they work ! Sad thing is, they say they are !:confused:

well they may receive them (quote) tested so they just ship them I do not know -- I know they didn't want me in that menu!

When I sent my H in for service for a bad GPS (toilet bowling), I also asked them to test the focus. When it returned, they told me it was tested prior to shipping. The first thing I did was watch the recorded video in the 16 as the new firmware records all activity. The history showed the tech walking around the repair center to test the camera which works great. the second video showed the tech walking out the back door of the service center, placing the H on the ground, taking off straight up, flying about a block or two away, returning and landing. He did not hover, or check any maneuvers to test for drifting or toilet bowl. When I went out to test it myself, it had the same problem. So they did a swap ship and sent me a new? H and 16 as soon as mine was in the mail. The new one after multiple calibrations attempts, would not calibrate. This time they sent me a GPS board to swap out myself. I swapped the board, calibrated, and tested the H in an open soccer field. It flew great on the first day, steady, responsive, etc. On the second day, I went out to practice flying maneuvers in my front yard (1/2 mile from the soccer field). I started well, then 5 minutes into the flight a solid red light appeared in the middle of the Blue/White light. I decided to land to find out what the light indicated. As I was landing, the H took off up and across my yard, hit a tree and crashed into my roof. Broke one landing leg, one motor arm, the gimble slide, and several props. Went straight in and called Yuneec, the had me an RA and a Shipping label before I was off the phone. It arrived at Yuneec yesterday. So I am awaiting the prognosis.
I too love the H and had 3 months of great flight and over two months waiting for one that will work correctly and consistently. It is unfortunate that so many have had to go thru the growing pains. I am hoping the latest FW will start a new course for the Yuneec family.

Sorry for rambling on. My initial intent was to let everyone know to check the recordings in the 16 when it returns from service and it will show whether or not proper testing was completed.

Sounds like the problems I am having on another thread. Piss poor quality control and not really doing what the QA check list said they did.

Reactions: DroneClone
Sounds like the problems I am having on another thread. Piss poor quality control and not really doing what the QA check list said they did.
Exactly, they need to restructure their Management in charge of repairs, QA and get people who are trained and do what they are supposed to do, my unit should not have even shipped, the ST16 issue didn't just happen, it has had a faulty 16 battery, or bad circuitry in the 16's charging and power supply. A good QA point checker would have picked it up in a flash !:rolleyes:

So wait a second back in the May/June timeframe the Yuneec was the greatest bestest thing ever. then in september you hated them then in october you loved them now in mid october you hate them? and now you P4 is much better?

So wait a second back in the May/June timeframe the Yuneec was the greatest bestest thing ever. then in september you hated them then in october you loved them now in mid october you hate them? and now you P4 is much better?
Are you talking to me? Because if so, remember, back in July i hated you, but then in September I loved you again ! But don't make me hate you again in October.! LOL !:rolleyes:
I have always like my Yuneec products and my DJI products both, I just think how the issues with the H are progressing, not recessing, that Yuneec sucks and needs revamping, that's all, nothing more or less!
IF? you were referring to me?;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval