Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Fpv guy pro unboxing

Sorry I didn't see your post.

Not sure if the uk version comes with the lizard , vizard or what every he is trying to say.

Reactions: KBflyer
OK. Now I'm gettin' pissed.
I understand not being happy because they have made changes but this happens with everything. Electronics it is just much faster. I do not understand why everyone that bought a standard thinks they should get all the upgrades or fixes they put in the pro for free. If they offer a kit great go buy it and upgrade.
Wilson I am not point this reply at you so please do not take it as an attack on you. I have had this kind of thing happen to me before but that is the way it is. When an auto maker makes a mid year change to a car I do not expect them to give me that change for free or take my car back and give me the upgraded one for free. Sorry rant over.

Reactions: QuadBart and Haydn
The difference between the Pro and the Std was supposed to be RealSense, or at least that's what I have read. How long has the H been out? I bought the first one my LHS got in and that wasn't even a month ago now.

Enhancements are one thing, but correcting obvious errors are another entirely, and don't you think for a second Yuneec is going to introduce any relief for those of us that put them there. WE reported on these forums and Youtube and they improved a "new" model so they wouldn't have to do anything for us. Alpha testers at best. It's an early adopter thing. Been one for years. I get it, but I also get to ***** about it. I earned that also.

It's OK though. I won't be a beta tester for Yuneec again. I've pissed away a lot of money in this hobby over 25 years, Many, many times more than one of these costs; and this won't be the last time, but it will be the last they get.

Hence the reason I waited on the pro series. After a few beers and thinking about it I think I will wait a tad longer. I love all the extras you get with the H series but I can wait till its all sorted out and on sale for a lot less then they want now.
My Typhoon G with the three camera's I have for it gives me more then enough options to play with till Yuneec gets their poop together :)

The difference between the Pro and the Std was supposed to be RealSense, or at least that's what I have read. How long has the H been out? I bought the first one my LHS got in and that wasn't even a month ago now.

Enhancements are one thing, but correcting obvious errors are another entirely, and don't you think for a second Yuneec is going to introduce any relief for those of us that put them there. WE reported on these forums and Youtube and they improved a "new" model so they wouldn't have to do anything for us. Alpha testers at best. It's an early adopter thing. Been one for years. I get it, but I also get to ***** about it. I earned that also.

It's OK though. I won't be a beta tester for Yuneec again. I've pissed away a lot of money in this hobby over 25 years, Many, many times more than one of these costs; and this won't be the last time, but it will be the last they get.

I agree totally with your statement its how Yuneec have gone about significant changes with no information how this will impact on our Typhoon H's, mine was purchased as Typhoon H Pro with two battery's,free wizard,and backpack, without the RealSence module fitted, this was on the 20th June 2016, when I received it it was minus the backpack stating it was on back order, I've still not received my backpack probably because Yuneec stopped making the hard backpack suddenly and decided to make a soft backpack instead, I've been told several dates when the order will be completed each have come and gone, the dealer has been told to expect delivery the start of August, ok I thought when I eventually receive the new Yuneec soft backpack there wont be any problems.

Now watching this video I noticed the whole foam interior has now been changed, and the outside shape may have also changed it looks squarer, whereas the original foam bottom was shaped so it looks like the new backpack that's on back order now wont fit my 5 week old Typhoon H of which its coming to three weeks it has been back with Yuneec Customer Service for faults and I'm still waiting for its return, also noted the ST16 that now has three antennas fitted most likely to improve the poor signal and range every one is saying, so even if Yuneec or yourselfs modded your ST16 to have three antennas, it looks like it wont fit in the original foam as the ST16 in the video is upright and not upside down as fitted now, finally those of us they may wish to update their Typhoon H by purchasing the add on RealSence module it doe's not look like it will now fit in the foam packing originally supplied by Yuneec.

So yes to sum up if what I see becomes fact in this video everyone is going to be more than Pis**d off, from where I'm standing Yuneec have not given this matter any forethought especially as the Typhoon H was a modular design in the first instance as they touted it to be, unless these issues are addressed by Yuneec they have seen the last of my money.

After now watching the complete video and seeing they have also move the antennas of the H outside, it makes me feel like we have all been beta testers for their poorly tested product.

Last edited:

I fully agree.

I bought the H in order to make video first, not just for flying.
I'm satisfied with the H for its fliying capabilities.
Do I need a realsense ?
Not really because after more than 50 flight, I'm able to avoid a tree when following a pedestrian, but I can't do that by following a bicycle going to more than 20mph and the realsense can't do that either.
Do I need a good video recorder ?
YES I really need it. the CGO3+ is able to produce great videos if you decide to stop automode and try some filters and alos if you are not part of those who had focus problem.
Do I need a good camera ?
YES I need it. but the CGO3+ is not really able to produce good photos (as I expected to, because I'm a photographer)
But now I'm trying to have some issues (the quality of video is decreasing and the gimble seems to have some problem of stability)
So as a early buyer of the H,
- I expect from yuneec not to forget me
- I expect from yuneec to help me for solving those issues
- I expect from yuneec to improve the H's firmware (because I think the firmware take a big part is the final quality of the video).
- I expect from yuneec to work on a better camera because in my opinion, the H will deserve the name of 'PRO' when its videos/photos will be better and not by avoiding the trees.
Once all of this will be done, I will be the most happy man and I will think to upgrade my H or to buy a Pro.

I fully agree.

I bought the H in order to make video first, not just for flying.
I'm satisfied with the H for its fliying capabilities.
Do I need a realsense ?
Not really because after more than 50 flight, I'm able to avoid a tree when following a pedestrian, but I can't do that by following a bicycle going to more than 20mph and the realsense can't do that either.
Do I need a good video recorder ?
YES I really need it. the CGO3+ is able to produce great videos if you decide to stop automode and try some filters and alos if you are not part of those who had focus problem.
Do I need a good camera ?
YES I need it. but the CGO3+ is not really able to produce good photos (as I expected to, because I'm a photographer)
But now I'm trying to have some issues (the quality of video is decreasing and the gimble seems to have some problem of stability)
So as a early buyer of the H,
- I expect from yuneec not to forget me
- I expect from yuneec to help me for solving those issues
- I expect from yuneec to improve the H's firmware (because I think the firmware take a big part is the final quality of the video).
- I expect from yuneec to work on a better camera because in my opinion, the H will deserve the name of 'PRO' when its videos/photos will be better and not by avoiding the trees.
Once all of this will be done, I will be the most happy man and I will think to upgrade my H or to buy a Pro.

I agree with your thoughts Eric. I love my H but think that the camera has not had enough effort put into it. I don't expect a superb camera at the price point but it should do the job better than the other iffy products out there. Both DJI and Yuneec seem to kid themselves that they are ace camera designers. Why they don't just team up with Sony etc I am not sure other than purely for greed. Yuneec have partnered with Panasonic for the 920 so there is history of collaboration. Every machine whatever the make always seems to just miss perfection. Surely if they kept their eye on the ball Yuneec could clean up.

Anyway hoping to fly today having now mastered CCC - what a feature and Trent did not even bother to use it in the early promo video!

I am sorry about the vibrations you are encountering, I hope Yuneec sort you out soon.

I love my H.

I'm on the fence about some of this. Constant improvement is the nature of the beast when it comes to electronics. And when it comes to "drones" all one has to do is look just over a year ago, where were we? How about 1.5 years ago? This field of consumer electronics is advancing at an amazing rate. Those of us (including me) that bought early are "Early Adopters" and not Alpha or Beta testers. Its the price we pay for, dare I say, being impatient and wanting it right now. Many of us won't buy a first year car cause we know it usually has problems that are sorted later, so why do we believe buying something that is on the leading edge of "consumer drone tech" would be any different?

I don't feel Yuneec owes us anything that "enhances" the bird based on the ORIGINAL SPECS. IF it does not perform as specified, like I've heard some say about the image quality, then they do owe us an "upgrade" or fix to make it perform as specified.

I knew what I was getting into by buying early...

Reactions: Keimon Lawrence
I'm on the fence about some of this. Constant improvement is the nature of the beast when it comes to electronics. And when it comes to "drones" all one has to do is look just over a year ago, where were we? How about 1.5 years ago? This field of consumer electronics is advancing at an amazing rate. Those of us (including me) that bought early are "Early Adopters" and not Alpha or Beta testers. Its the price we pay for, dare I say, being impatient and wanting it right now. Many of us won't buy a first year car cause we know it usually has problems that are sorted later, so why do we believe buying something that is on the leading edge of "consumer drone tech" would be any different?

I don't feel Yuneec owes us anything that "enhances" the bird based on the ORIGINAL SPECS. IF it does not perform as specified, like I've heard some say about the image quality, then they do owe us an "upgrade" or fix to make it perform as specified.

I knew what I was getting into by buying early...
I agree but they have not lived up to their end. The camera is very poor considering DJI P3P. I have had hardware issues on the YTH that make it unusable, so hoping it will be sorted. Concept and price is fine but this is an aerial imaging uav first, effort in manufacturing should have made sure of the cameras quality.

[QUOTE="JCFlippen, post: 36748, member: 2061"Both DJI and Yuneec seem to kid themselves that they are ace camera designers. Why they don't just team up with Sony etc I am not sure other than purely for greed. [/QUOTE]

DJI owns the minority share in Victor Hasselblad. They ARE a camera company. Sony has no desire to build someone else's camera they are perfectly happy selling imagers and thats it

Same with me. I was sick of feeling like a beta tester. I purchased the H early because we were told and I anticipated that I'd be able to purchase the Realsense module later. We were led to believe that would be the only difference. Now, they've changed the controller, changed the drones antennae positions. Between that and having to send in my brand new H and being away from it for over a month, I couldn't continue supporting this. Not that anyone cares, but I switched to DJI. Going to give the enemy a chance. My P4 will be here Friday, but ultimately I've got my eye on an Inspire Pro Black Edition...one day.

Reactions: SkyDoctor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval