Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Free video player, editor and transcoder

Reaction score
I have had troubles playing 4K videos with many video players on my Windows PC even though it is a high end system with fast processor, tons of RAM and great video card. I have found a free video player that runs the 4K very smoothly.
Home · MPC-HC
I have Sony Vegas 10 pro but it does not render 4K video. I have used the free GoPro Studio for editing 4K video from my GoPro 4 camera but it will not import 4K from the Typhoon H.
https://shop.gopro.com/softwareandapp/gopro-app-|-desktop/GoPro-Desktop-App.html
I recently found a free transcoder which will convert the video from the H to a form that the GoPro Studio will import:
HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Handbrake is one of the the best (free) that you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. I've used the free VLC Media Player for several years. It will play almost any media.

Lacking anything new I used MS Movie Maker (yeah...old) to create several TH movies. Does basics, but only creates WMF's, so then I had to convert to MP4 using Wondershare or Handbrake. I just bought Corel's VideoStudio X9 Ultimate, and after messing with it, I think it'll do all I want and more. 4K, HEVC, RAW images, etc., import and export almost any format. 75 bucks shipped on Amazon. I have a new fast computer and video card, and it does not stutter.

Best wishes for your editing.

Reactions: George A Bowen
What's a good video editor that can be used on the ST16 controller for 4K and lower resolutions.
I can't seem to get the included app "Movie Studio" on the 'pad' to recognize the videos from the Typhoon H that are 4K resolution.

Cool. I've used the free VLC Media Player for several years. It will play almost any media.

Lacking anything new I used MS Movie Maker (yeah...old) to create several TH movies. Does basics, but only creates WMF's, so then I had to convert to MP4 using Wondershare or Handbrake. I just bought Corel's VideoStudio X9 Ultimate, and after messing with it, I think it'll do all I want and more. 4K, HEVC, RAW images, etc., import and export almost any format. 75 bucks shipped on Amazon. I have a new fast computer and video card, and it does not stutter.

Best wishes for your editing.
I have also used the VLC player, The MPC-HC is smoother with 4k.

What's a good video editor that can be used on the ST16 controller for 4K and lower resolutions.
I can't seem to get the included app "Movie Studio" on the 'pad' to recognize the videos from the Typhoon H that are 4K resolution.

PowerDirector 14

Do others have problems rendering 4k to 1080p ending up being jerky?

Davinci Resolve is very involved and obviously is high end, but is way more than I'll ever need and as stated, after rendering to Vimeo 1080p and uploading, the video stutters. Straight off the sd card it's smooth.

I would be surprised if any tablet would run 4K video well, much less do editing.
It wouldn't be a deal breaker if I couldn't do 4K editing on the ST16 'pad'. But 1080p, 60fps is what I'd be doing the most.

Just my thought, but you may want to consider not cluttering your ST16 up with apps and software!, Tends to slow things down and opens it up to bugs! Even with my DJI platforms, I use designated ipads just for the controller app. Just my 2 cents!:rolleyes:

Just my thought, but you may want to consider not cluttering your ST16 up with apps and software!, Tends to slow things down and opens it up to bugs! Even with my DJI platforms, I use designated ipads just for the controller app. Just my 2 cents!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the input.

I'd only like to have an editing app on it so I can edit when not at home and then I'd transfer the generated files off the ST16 later when home.

Reactions: DroneClone
Do others have problems rendering 4k to 1080p ending up being jerky?

Davinci Resolve is very involved and obviously is high end, but is way more than I'll ever need and as stated, after rendering to Vimeo 1080p and uploading, the video stutters. Straight off the sd card it's smooth.

Sorry to dredge up an old(ish) thread but did you ever find a solution to the stuttering problem Glider? I'm using Resolve 12.5 and whatever settings i throw at it when rendering it comes out stuttery! Anyone got any ideas on this? Thanks!

Sorry to dredge up an old(ish) thread but did you ever find a solution to the stuttering problem Glider? I'm using Resolve 12.5 and whatever settings i throw at it when rendering it comes out stuttery! Anyone got any ideas on this? Thanks!

Nope, but haven't messed with it much lately; just upload straight from the camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz