Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GB203 + H480

What is going on here in these photos and post? I see a gb203 that is recognized and used by the Q500 for, normally connected to I believe a GoPro 3? I'm guessing you have found a way to connect a FPV camera feed to the gb203?
More details please?

As the topic stated, here is announced a device, which can connect the H480 with GB203. After that you can put into GB203 what do you want. GoPro or something else, doesn't matter.

This link gives a possibility to use H480 with third party devices and still have a tilt function. Of course, the stability of the gimbal will not be the same, because CGO3+ is with assisted stabilization, but will be not worse than the usual stability of GB203.

I see a gb203 that is recognized and used by the Q500

Look at the last picture. This is a Typhoon H 480, not a Q 500. The H can't deal with cameras different than CGO3+ and CGOET (for H).

The picture with the small screen is just for information. This one is a MavLink protocol analyzer based on Pi 4B. Not for share, for sale and so on... It gets me some time, no one of the coders wanted to write it instead of me, So, will be only mine.

Got it. Your working on connecting a GoPro to a Typhoon H.
I believe the H can also run with the non plus CGO3?
I'm thinking we need the option added to the settings on the remote. So we can select gb203 receiver as a camera on the Typhoon H remote.
If I had some info on the programming in the remote I might be able to copy the files for the gb203 from the q500 remote to the Typhoon H remote.
Since I imaging it's all Android based, this should be that much easier.
This is a Android software issue.
We may need to do something like root the phone, even though it's not a phone.
This is more like the stuff at the xda developers website.
Sadly rooting a phone is becoming a thing of the past. Not so sad since phones now include the options a rooted phone was supposed to be adding.
I had been pretty up to date on Android and modifications up to a few years ago.
My only issue is I don't have much time to work on projects like this.
I'll take a look and the Android side of both of these remotes and see if this can be a quick fix.

Probably not, didn't test, but not, + has the same hardware as GB203.

So we can select gb203 receiver as a camera on the Typhoon H remote.
GB203 is a gimbal only. The corresponding device is MK58 but it doesn't work with ST16. No idea why.

I might be able to copy the files for the gb203 from the q500 remote to the Typhoon H remote.
They use "the same" controllers. ST10, ST10+ and ST16 use the same ZigBee communication link with the same packets. WiFi link is dedicated for video downlink and some control things, but the primary uplink is via ZigBee.

Sadly rooting a phone is becoming a thing of the past. Not so sad since phones now include the options a rooted phone was supposed to be adding.
I had been pretty up to date on Android and modifications up to a few years ago.
I'll take a look and the Android side of both of these remotes and see if this can be a quick fix.
No comment...

Yes, the Typhoon H can work with CGO3 (w/o Plus). I have had the one from Q500 on the H working. The video down stream is bad due to lower resolution. I have had used a voltage converter to 12V because I was not sure if 4S vs. 3S may be a problem. But CGO3 works also with 4S. The internal converter to 5V is the same in both cams.

Voltage is something that needs attention for GB203 when used at 4S drone. I don't know how voltage conversion (5V, 3.3V) is done inside it.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
At MK58 the WiFi hotspot has another IP address compared to CGO3/CGO3+:
CGO2+/CGO3/CGO3+
Media files: http://192.168.42.1/DCIM/100MEDIA/
Live stream: rtsp://192.168.42.1/live

MK58/GoPro
Live stream: rtsp://192.168.110.1/cam1/h264

Maybe this is the reason why it will not work on ST16. There are some relicts in the ST16 FW regarding MK58 but not offered as camera selection.

br HE

Maybe this is the reason why it will not work on ST16.
"No idea why" was mentioned about "Why Yuneec didn't implement it?" When I have at least minimal movement further with the v4l2, I'll go into CGO3+ to prepare a working emulation. For now, аll the steam goes into the whistle. No synchronization dropped frames and all the spectrum of the problems. The topic is not widely discussed on the Internet, so the progress will be slow.

Got it. Your working on connecting a GoPro to a Typhoon H.
I'm thinking we need the option added to the settings on the remote. So we can select gb203 receiver as a camera on the Typhoon H remote.
If I had some info on the programming in the remote I might be able to copy the files for the gb203 from the q500 remote to the Typhoon H remote.

It would be amazing if you could figure out how to get the MK58/Gopro video transmitter (which is what is used with the GB203 on the q500) to show up/work with the ST16. I have tried but it is well beyond my android capabilities. Has mentioned elsewhere in this thread, it kind of looks like the ST16 has code for the MK58, but that it is just disabled from showing up in the menu. Here is a thread about it.

I'm personally of the opinion that it might be easier to make a Raspberry Pi + camera + wifi dongle look like a CGO3 camera to the ST16 software than it would be to modify the ST16 software to be able to use the MK58 transmitter, but I haven't succeeded in doing that yet either.

Dylan

Yes, the Typhoon H can work with CGO3 (w/o Plus). I have had the one from Q500 on the H working.
How many pins have the gimbal connector of CGO3 without +? If only three, tilt works on H or not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval