Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GensTattu Ultrax Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Folks, it's that time again and Tattu is holding one heck of a Black Friday sale on the Typhoon H 6300ma batteries. I don't think I've ever seen them priced this low; $49.30 each and you get free shipping if you buy two. That works out to ~2.5 Ultrax batteries for the price of a single Yuneec battery. I've had a couple for a year now, with both at 40 cycles each and they are still doing great, providing the same flight time as stock Yuneec batteries.

At the price it's well worth taking a look.
Ultrax 6300mAh 14.8v 4S replacement lipo battery for Yuneec Typhoon H drone RC Hexacopter

Edit; It appears they are providing free shipping for any order quantity in the U.S.

Last edited:
Reactions: pctyphoon
So if I bought 2, completely as spares for future use when needed... how long can you leave them at storage voltages... months? years? How often do you check voltage when stored long term?

I need to correct a little bit,1 piece 49.3$ and free shipping,.over 150$,extra 10$ off.

Last edited:
So if I bought 2, completely as spares for future use when needed... how long can you leave them at storage voltages... months? years? How often do you check voltage when stored long term?

If you don't stock for too long,no problem at all .Use them at least every three months,or charge and recharge the batteries yourself,3.7-3.8V is the best storage voltage

Last edited:
Thanks Patr!

Been watching for a bit regarding these batteries. As good a deal as any so pulled the trigger on two.

Jeff

P.S. Will be comparing to the Powerextra versions from this past summer discussions. Those did not meet up to expectations; at least not as expressed by the Captain. Didn’t even live up to the old originals which have many, many flights.

Happy holidays!

Agnes gave good advice.

Something not always understood is that lipo's self discharge over time, so a battery that was stored at a very low level, say 3.2v/cell or so, can self discharge to a level that will damage one or more cells after a few months of storage. The voltage Agnes mentioned is pretty much ideal for a lipo that is being stored in an area of reasonable temperature. The temperature most of us maintain in our homes is a good one for lipo storage. It's a good idea to develop an inspection schedule for our batteries if we intend to store them for long periods of time.

I failed in that area and discovered the other day I had allowed a pair of 6s, 12,000ma MaxAmps batteries to go too long without checking the condition. Both had been discharged to storage level but allowed to sit over a year without being looked at. Because of that I ruined $800.00 in batteries. Moral of that story is not to forget about our batteries.

Last edited:
Thanks Patr!

Been watching for a bit regarding these batteries. As good a deal as any so pulled the trigger on two.

Jeff

P.S. Will be comparing to the Powerextra versions from this past summer discussions. Those did not meet up to expectations; at least not as expressed by the Captain. Didn’t even live up to the old originals which have many, many flights.

Happy holidays!

You're welcome.

My experience with the Ultrax batteries puts them pretty much on par with the flight time obtained from the stock batteries. Quality wise I haven't had any issues with either the Yuneec or the Ultrax batteries, although a few have had issues with either. None of either of the brands has puffed or given up early, with both brands maintaining consistent flight times and very similar charge times and cell balances over many cycles. Not having a desire to re-ignite the old capacity debate but GensTattu has a history of being factual with their battery sizing so I'll still maintain the stock Yuneec batteries are mis-labeled as lower in capacity than they actually are. Physics is a constant, you simply will not obtain the same flight time (within a reasonable tolerance) from a pair of batteries having a 900ma capacity delta. For me it comes down to battery cost per minute of flight time combined with a product's life cycle. If everything else is equal I go with the most cost effective product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone