Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Geo Magnetic Interference on Typhoon H Plus with ST16S Controller

Reaction score
My brother-in-law gets geo magnetic interference on his controller. I have the same setup and I do not get the interference on mind. We are flying at the same location. I have seen the magnetic interference on the forum before but not the geo magnetic interference. What can he do to fic this. Thanks

The first questions coming to my mind are: have you tried any other locations, and if so, are the same symptoms present?

If it is just this one location, my guess is that the brother-in-law’s controller or aircraft is a bit more sensitive. May not be any “cure”.

If it happens everywhere, then likely an issue with the electronics.

If the latter, I am sure others will chime in with suggestions of resetting/reloading the software/firmware first, versus controller/aircraft replacement.

Then again, it may be prudent to check the telemetry to see if it is actually the aircraft reporting the interference.

Good luck! Will be interesting to read what the outcome is for this one.

Jeff

Sometimes I get it, hit the tab and it goes away, all this before take off ? When it stays, once in the air, tap it, and its gone ?

If you have a problem (here the compass errors) and you close your eyes the problem will not disappear, also when you not see it anymore.

br HE
Help me understand more on this as i thought it was due to being close to my truck, which is mostly when it happens when taking off is when it goes away in the air ? The other I thought was still there from the last take off ? Is this a problem that I dont know about ?

I refer to what johnnyb57 said. Tap away the message will not solve the problem.

All magnetic metals like iron are a problem fpr the mag field sensor. When I was young and thumb I'd tried to land a Blade 350QX on the roof of my car. Result was a completly desroyed drone. lessons learned - stay away from cars, iron bridges, iron armed concrete and so on.

br HE

I refer to what johnnyb57 said. Tap away the message will not solve the problem.

All magnetic metals like iron are a problem fpr the mag field sensor. When I was young and thumb I'd tried to land a Blade 350QX on the roof of my car. Result was a completly desroyed drone. lessons learned - stay away from cars, iron bridges, iron armed concrete and so on.

br HE
I always thought of my issue as simply a nuisance because there as never been a problem, ie. erratic take off/landing, or flight as it goes away. I've even landed quite a few times in the bed of my truck, now you have me thinking ?

Don't forget to look for anything you are carrying that has magnets EG: cell phone, ear buds, key chains, any magnet things.
If you're standing more than 10 feet away, does the problem go away?
The ST16 is pretty well shielded, but if you're close enough, even it can be the cause.

Don't forget to look for anything you are carrying that has magnets EG: cell phone, ear buds, key chains, any magnet things.
If you're standing more than 10 feet away, does the problem go away?
The ST16 is pretty well shielded, but if you're close enough, even it can be the cause.
What I'm trying to find out is what can happen ? H-elsner said he had a drone crash while trying to land on his car, yet I've landed in my truck bed with no problems/ or notification ? Other times I get it (interference) before take off, once in the air I hit the warning it goes away, then other times I hit the warning before take off it goes away ? This is why I was believing it was a nuisance alarm ?

What I'm trying to find out is what can happen ? H-elsner said he had a drone crash while trying to land on his car, yet I've landed in my truck bed with no problems/ or notification ? Other times I get it (interference) before take off, once in the air I hit the warning it goes away, then other times I hit the warning before take off it goes away ? This is why I was believing it was a nuisance alarm ?
Is your truck one of the new aluminum Fords?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval