Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Getting stills while shooting video

Reaction score
Until recently I hadn't even messed with taking stills with my Typhoon H. But after a couple attempts to switch during flight, from video to still, and snapping off a few, they aren't showing up on the SD card. Can someone clue me in on the proper procedure and/or what I might be missing.
Thank You

Thanks Ron but I need to get the pictures to show up. I'm switching from vid to still mid flight, snapping pictures, then switching back to vid. And the stills are nowhere to be found.

Phil you should be able to check this when the H is sitting on the ground... and if you go into the camera settings to change the default format of JPG to DNG, you will have larger files saved to the SD card. So when you hit the photo button to take a pic, this will make it easier to actually see the available disk space go down on your SD card graphic on the ST-16. This will help provide a confirmation that the files are being written to the card.

Which button are you pushing when you switch from video to stills? Stills won't capture when pressing the video button.

@Phil Vanderloo
have you considered taking all video, then at post production capture any picture from the frames? I use GOM Player it's free.

Thanks All.
Ron, there are no stills on my SD card. Eagles Eye This sounds good I'll check this out. PatR I'm clicking the camera button to switch to still camera. Then the shutter button. AH-1G I would still want to know how to shoot stills in flight and save the hassle of downloading and using another program to extract stills.

Phil, if you want to take pictures only, and you want to get the most of of the camera:

1] Make sure you are in "Photo" Mode by switching to the "Camera icon" as shown - this will produce a 12 Mega Pixel image

2] In the settings menu choose your Photo and Image Formats - there are several to choose from.

3] For maximum results select dng+jpg - this will produce two images; the first will be a DNG (Digital Negative) and the other will be a JPG of the same. If your unfamiliar with DNG's you can just use the JPG for now. In the image format section you can switch between several presets such as Gorgeous, Natural, Raw etc each will have different values for the sharpening and saturation if you do not want to use the DNG.

All pictures taken while in Video Mode will be limited to a size maximum of 3840 x 2160 which; is the size of 4K video - approximately 8.3 Mega Pixels

Settings.jpg

Thanks All.
I'm clicking the camera button to switch to still camera. Then the shutter button.
You use the little on-screen icon near the right side of the screen to switch between still camera and video modes. Use the shutter button (lower left beside screen) to snap the picture.
Bear in mind, when you switch between camera and video modes in flight, you loose your LOCK on white balance. WB returns to AUTO.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval