Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal connector

The Typhoon H is a little different from the Q500 when hooking up the GUI.
Of course, both require use of a DATA TYPE USB. Standard charger type USB won't work. Even though both USB cables types look the same, they are not.
If it will not transfer files between your phone and computer, it is the wrong type.
Some USB hubs will not work. You should connect directly to the computer.

1.) Ensure USB cable is the "DATA" type.
2.) Ensure Typhoon H is OFF.
3.) Ensure the ST16 is OFF. (It is not used for GUI. If powered up, it will interfere.)
4.) If desired, connect USB to Typhoon H end ONLY.
5.) Ensure USB is NOT connected to computer.
6.) Start the GUI, and give it plenty of time to come full up on screen.
7.) Power up the Typhoon H.
8.) Ensure USB is connected to Typhoon H. (If not done at step 4.)
9.) Connect USB to computer.
The GUI should then recognize the Typhoon H.

On the motor subject:
I don't know the history of this particular Typhoon H, so I will offer a couple general things:
1.) It is rare for an actual motor to go bad. It is more common for the main ESC board to go bad, or have blown individual motor fuses.
2.) The motors don't run the same with props off vrs. props on. With props off, everything will sound pretty normal when at idle. If you increase speed, the motors start making strange sounds, and will probably go into "Motor failure, enter 5 rotor Mode". In some cases the motors will not throttle down, and the "OFF" button will not work. You have to pull the battery. And all that is on a normal, healthy drone.

The Typhoon H is a little different from the Q500 when hooking up the GUI.
Of course, both require use of a DATA TYPE USB. Standard charger type USB won't work. Even though both USB cables types look the same, they are not.
If it will not transfer files between your phone and computer, it is the wrong type.
Some USB hubs will not work. You should connect directly to the computer.

1.) Ensure USB cable is the "DATA" type.
2.) Ensure Typhoon H is OFF.
3.) Ensure the ST16 is OFF. (It is not used for GUI. If powered up, it will interfere.)
4.) If desired, connect USB to Typhoon H end ONLY.
5.) Ensure USB is NOT connected to computer.
6.) Start the GUI, and give it plenty of time to come full up on screen.
7.) Power up the Typhoon H.
8.) Ensure USB is connected to Typhoon H. (If not done at step 4.)
9.) Connect USB to computer.
The GUI should then recognize the Typhoon H.

On the motor subject:
I don't know the history of this particular Typhoon H, so I will offer a couple general things:
1.) It is rare for an actual motor to go bad. It is more common for the main ESC board to go bad, or have blown individual motor fuses.
2.) The motors don't run the same with props off vrs. props on. With props off, everything will sound pretty normal when at idle. If you increase speed, the motors start making strange sounds, and will probably go into "Motor failure, enter 5 rotor Mode". In some cases the motors will not throttle down, and the "OFF" button will not work. You have to pull the battery. And all that is on a normal, healthy drone.
Ok so I tryed firing up the H and the motor spun really slow and of course the radio went nut and wouldn't let her take off

Ok so I tryed firing up the H and the motor spun really slow and of course the radio went nut and wouldn't let her take off
Does the motor feel the same as the other motors when you turn it by hand. It will not be perfectly free. There will be slight "bumps" as it passes the magnets.
If it feels the same, this would suggest you have a bad ESC, and will need a new main ESC board.
If there is a definite difference in feel, then it is likely to be a bad motor.

Does the motor feel the same as the other motors when you turn it by hand. It will not be perfectly free. There will be slight "bumps" as it passes the magnets.
If it feels the same, this would suggest you have a bad ESC, and will need a new main ESC board.
If there is a definite difference in feel, then it is likely to be a bad motor.
The motor felt a bit different to so I replaced the motor and she is off and flying again. Again Tom your the man thanks buddy

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone