Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal connector

Reaction score
I just pick up a parts typhoon h the gimbal will not connect with this drone but will connect with my other. So I tryed changeing slide connector under the drone that isn't the problem everything looks good on the mean board so I'm hope that it could be in wiring that comes from the mean board to the slide or foot like I had sead the gimbal does work with on problem just not with this drone. HELP!! 1571234811936.jpeg1571234851664.jpeg20191016_095002.jpeg

I'm guilty of making an assumption again. I assumed you meant the camera is completely dead, but you did not actually say that.
Please clarify exactly what the camera is not doing.
Sorry 'bout that.

The problem is almost always the "K" fuse shown in your drawing. It will always "look" good, even when blown. Have you checked it with a multimeter?
View attachment 18762
No I haven't. Is it easy to fix or should I send it out ? What is the setting on the multimeter so I can check it

I'm guilty of making an assumption again. I assumed you meant the camera is completely dead, but you did not actually say that.
Sorry 'bout that.
The works fine just not on the parts drone.
If I connect to my good drone the camera works great. If I connect to the parts drone I get nothing

Sorry 'bout that.
A good assumption though.
@Chevyfreke a multimeter is an electronic device that lets you measure continuity, AC and DC voltages, and current. You can buy a decent one at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

A good assumption though.
@Chevyfreke a multimeter is an electronic device that lets you measure continuity, AC and DC voltages, and current. You can buy a decent one at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.
What do I set it at there are a lot of settings

Is it easy to fix or should I send it out ? What is the setting on the multimeter so I can check it

"Is it easy to fix or should I send it out ?"
The fix is just to unsolder and remove the old fuse, then solder a new one in it's place. If you aren't real comfortable with soldering in small spaces, it might be a good idea to get help.

"What is the setting on the multimeter so I can check it"
"What do I set it at there are a lot of settings"

Depends on the multimeter. If you have a setting that "beeps" when the probes are touched together, that will work. (should beep when touched across the fuse, if fuse is good.)
Otherwise, pretty much any of the resistance settings. You should have essentially "ZERO" resistance across a good fuse.

"and do I check it with the battery in"
NO. Take the battery out. It works either way, but less chance of making a mistake.

Last edited:
"Is it easy to fix or should I send it out ?"
The fix is just to unsolder an remove the old fuse, and solder a new on in it's place. If you aren't real comfortable with soldering in small spaces, it might be a good idea to get help.

"What is the setting on the multimeter so I can check it"
"What do I set it at there are a lot of settings"

Depends on the multimeter. If you have a setting that "beeps" when the probes are touched together, that will work. (should beep when touched across the fuse, if fuse is good.)
Otherwise, pretty much any of the resistance settings. You should have essentially "ZERO" resistance across a good fuse.

"and do I check it with the battery in"
NO. Take the battery out. It works either way, but less chance of making a mistake.
Thank you sir I can always count on you for a good start on what to look for

The setting is for continuity. As you don’t yet understand how to use a multimeter I will presume your micro soldering skills are not yet developed. Send it out if repairs are needed. If you do not already posses soldering skills at a very advanced to expert level I guarantee any efforts to personally change the fuse will make the problem much worse.

The setting is for continuity. As you don’t yet understand how to use a multimeter I will presume your micro soldering skills are not yet developed. Send it out if repairs are needed. If you do not already posses soldering skills at a very advanced to expert level I guarantee any efforts to personally change the fuse will make the problem much worse.

I will agree that if you don’t have competent micro component soldering skills, the TH main board is not a good place to start.
If you have a local computer tech or a hobby shop that does electronic repair, they could be a cheaper and faster way to replace the 1.5 amp SMD “K” fuse.

The problem is almost always the "K" fuse shown in your drawing. It will always "look" good, even when blown. Have you checked it with a multimeter?
View attachment 18762
I will agree that if you don’t have competent micro component soldering skills, the TH main board is not a good place to start.
If you have a local computer tech or a hobby shop that does electronic repair, they could be a cheaper and faster way to replace the 1.5 amp SMD “K” fuse.
No I haven't. Is it easy to fix or should I send it out ? What is the setting on the multimeter so I can check it
Please be carefull of the high voltage of the multymeter, it's 9 volts can dammage the electronics on the board.
Just override the K fuse and see if the gimbal is working.

Please be carefull of the high voltage of the multymeter, it's 9 volts can dammage the electronics on the board.
Just override the K fuse and see if the gimbal is working.
How do you override the fuse

I successfully replaced the k fuse and camera is now working step 2 replacing bad motor

Tom I don't know if you have or anyone else has seen an H do a flip before but I did today trying to land with a bad motor lol20191016_120432.jpeg20191016_120512.jpeg

I successfully replaced the k fuse and camera is now working step 2 replacing bad motor
Tom I don't know if you have or anyone else has seen an H do a flip before but I did today trying to land with a bad motor lol

Yeah, flips are fun to learn if you intend to do them (and the craft is designed for it). Otherwise, it's a heart-stopper. It stabilized and landed OK?

Very good to hear the K fuse is in and fixed the camera issue.

Do you have what you need to replace the motor?

Yeah, flips are fun to learn if you intend to do them (and the craft is designed for it). Otherwise, it's a heart-stopper. It stabilized and landed OK?

Very good to hear the K fuse is in and fixed the camera issue.

Do you have what you need to replace the motor?
Well I tried it connect to the computer but it won't pick it up so I can see which one Is bad

But yes I have both A and B motors

Well I tried it connect to the computer but it won't pick it up so I can see which one Is bad

But yes I have both A and B motors
No it crash but luckily it was about 5' off the ground the camera took a hit but I did the repairs and it worked perfectly fine thank god

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal