Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gimbal repair

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So I turned off crash avoidance so I could land near myself.... leason learnt for rushing the landing..... I put it into a tree :(
Im actually not too upset..it was a good lesson and itnwont happen again.
I broke 1 prop.. and 2 connector pins that are kinda like plastic screws that hold the gimbal flat plates above the camera to each other.
Has anyone done a gimbal repair?
Was it expensive?
The camera is still fine, and I live right by yuneek in Ontario, Cali...... So It will be going in Wednesday morning.
Thanks in advance for any information.
Alan
Ps.... Am definetely still LOVING my H:)

Reactions: Rayray
It's an easy fix. The plastic retainers are to prevent the camera from disconnecting from moderately hard landings. They will break during a crash.

Reactions: Rayray
Did the cam and lower flat plate break off? If the wires did not break, the parts are available and cheap, including the rubber shocks if you lost any. Several bucks. But if more comfortable with Yuneec's help, do that. Great that you live close.

Update: HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YUNEEC!!! Phenomenal customer service :)
I went in today, I was out in 10 mins. NO CHARGE. It had basically come apart, but no broken parts. They put it all back together and checked everything was fine and all while I waited. They even offered to do my upgrade, but I had already done it.
I spoke about when they might have the upcoming liability release upgrade for those of us who live near airports and want to fly at a low level and I was told it should hopefully be out in about 2 weeks. (That was from the guy who did my repairs - John).

Did the cam and lower flat plate break off? If the wires did not break, the parts are available and cheap, including the rubber shocks if you lost any. Several bucks. But if more comfortable with Yuneec's help, do that. Great that you live close.
turns out it was just the rubber shocks that had pulled out of their holes (2 of them) so it was a pretty easy and straight forward fix.
I was really impressed how happy they were to help out, and how friendly ALL the staff that I dealt with there were towards me.

Update: HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YUNEEC!!! Phenomenal customer service :)
I went in today, I was out in 10 mins. NO CHARGE. It had basically come apart, but no broken parts. They put it all back together and checked everything was fine and all while I waited. They even offered to do my upgrade, but I had already done it.
I spoke about when they might have the upcoming liability release upgrade for those of us who live near airports and want to fly at a low level and I was told it should hopefully be out in about 2 weeks. (That was from the guy who did my repairs - John).

I have had great service from Yuneec maybe its all in way you address the issue with them , I don't know, but My service has been impeccable!

Reactions: Seachange01
The breakaway broke away on mine.
Such an easy fix.
Reinserting the dampers can be a chore.
I came up with, to my mind, an innovative assist tool.
The plastic twist tie from a bread wrapper.
Straighten it out, fold in half and insert the fold through the plate.
Open the fold to form a loop, at a right angle to the tie, just big enough to wrap around the top segment of the damper.
Position the damper end where it needs to go and gently but firmly pull the tie ends back through the plate,
Bob's your uncle, it pops right into place (most of the time)
If it doesn't quite make it a little encouragement with a pair of plastic tweezers will seat it correctly.
All that sounds more complex than it actually is.

Typhon h. I need spare parts for gimbal. The camera has fallen and the gimbal is bent. Where to buy spare parts. Does anyone have a drawing of a gimbal and spare parts?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval