Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Goblins are hidden in my Typhoon!!

Reaction score
Hello... Typhoon H. fans. Here is my problem: when my spider is in flight, if I ask for a picture, sometimes one picture works, but never 2, for the videos in general none works. Of course I choose either "camera" or "camera".
Who is hidden in my Typhoon and who is hunting my requests? lol.
Other questions: when I manage to take a photo or a video, the photos and videos are saved on the ST16, they can be consulted or erased, okay (at the moment I have erased everything). If you insert an SD card, they are also saved on the SD card. Is it normal that they appear in the ST16 and at the same time on the card?
My difficulties to record photos or videos, can they come from the card (64 GB)? The shooting which is not done can it be caused by a bad wi fi connection, if one admits that the WI FI connection "carries" the orders? I add that my Typhoon works perfectly, the camera obeys the orders (panning etc...) Do you have an idea of the evil imp that slipped into my drone, to "steal" me photos? Thank you... to all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

My guess is that the SD card in the camera is too slow. For 4k video or rapidly taken photos you need a U3 ultra HD SD card Class 10 with a small 3 in a 'U'.
You don't need a SD card in the ST16. One said, better to have none during flight.

br HE
A few more questions:
- on the ST16 there is a slot to install an SD card, what is its function? to do what operation?
- On the camera there is a slot for an SD card as well, and as you indicated, it must have some specificities (speed etc.) to be efficient... but if I fly without this card, the pictures I take, are recorded on the ST16, I find them in a file, but how, then, to recover them on a computer? Using the micro USB cord between the ST16 and my PC I can't transfer them? Can I transfer them from the possibility of my email address that I can enter on the ST16.
Thanks to you and to all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

The SD card slot at the ST16 is not really needed. It can be used to update firmware manually. Another use case may be to check the videos from the camera for the first time out in the field. For me, there is no other use case.

The pictures/videos recorded in the ST16 are taken from the video downlink. Due to the limited bandwidth of the WiFi connection the quality is poor. Full resolution and quality are only available at the camera itself and will be recorded there.

To access to the files available in the ST16 you should use the USB interface. The trick is to fully boot up the ST16 before you connect it via mirco USB cable to PC. ST16 will appear as a MTP device in file manager of your PC and you have access to all the stuff you cand find there:
- flight logs
- screenshots that you have taken
- records from video downlink
- saved models etc...
To transfer data no SD card is needed.

You should not install/use e-mail apps or something like that on the ST16. Although it has a limited pad functionality it should not used for other purposes than as radio controller for your bird.
The only additional app that I have installed is a small PDF viewer (not Acrobat) to have my A1/A3 certificate present all the time.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430