Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Goggles for Yuneec Typhoon

Reaction score
Hello,

What FPV scope can I use for a Typhoon H Pro. They don't sell Yuneec SkyView anymore ?

Thanks

Any that will accept the HDMI output of the ST16, just like the SkyView goggles.

I do not use goggles as I usually fly solo. There are several modes selectable as seen here.
2A45D739-8179-476D-BC4F-64D69CF2474D.jpeg
See page 58 of the attached user enhanced manual to get instructions for accessing this menu.

There is a great resource here in the sticky threads of the Typhoon H sub forums as well as the stickies in the General sub forum. The Magnifier icon at the top right provides an in forum search that is usually quite good.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-1.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 33
Thank you so much DoomMeister. I'm a rookie (I bought it used this weekend and as it had 2 broken propellers I was able to negotiate the price well :) ) So as I am in stand by I am looking for any information to use at best this little jewel unknown in Belgium. So don't hesitate to give me advice I'm interested

Reactions: DoomMeister
The manual I attached in my last post is like a Typhoon H owners bible. It has a lot of information in a very handy PDF format. You will find the Typhoon H to be a very capable aircraft. The document in this thread covers a lot of different Yuneec products, but some more in depth information for repair Way To Fix Drones project.

Hoping you are able to source a new set of props soon.

Reactions: 7cyclops
The manual I attached in my last post is like a Typhoon H owners bible. It has a lot of information in a very handy PDF format. You will find the Typhoon H to be a very capable aircraft. The document in this thread covers a lot of different Yuneec products, but some more in depth information for repair Way To Fix Drones project.

Yes it is super complete I will print it out tomorrow at the office and read it by my machine. For the order I took Yuneec H480 propellers it seems that they are the same as the Typhoon H. Thanks again for your help

Yes it is super complete I will print it out tomorrow at the office and read it by my machine. For the order I took Yuneec H480 propellers it seems that they are the same as the Typhoon H. Thanks again for your help
That is what @WTFDproject was saying in an earlier post. We commonly refer to the Typhoon H as an H480 (the distance in millimeters between the center of opposing motors). The Typhoon H Pro is still the same aircraft, but different parts of the world defined the Pro version differently. In the US the Pro had the RealSense module and the ST16 with 3 external antennas. In the EU the Pro version just had the ST16 with 3 external antennas.

The ST16’s all have the same number of antennas, but the earlier version had one of the 2.4 GHz RC antennas on the inside of the case. The later model with 3 external antennas made it easier to use a 3rd party range extending antenna like the 4Hawks.

Reactions: 7cyclops
I have used the SkyView goggles as well as some others. I didn't care for the SkyView because the opening is too small for my glasses. Other brands have more room.
In addition, I used the goggles for a by stander and not when I'm in control. You cannot see the sticks or buttons with goggles on. You also cannot see the area surrounding the drone particularly above.

Just so you know last time (really the only time) I checked the sticky thread that had the user modified user manual, it was, I guess you could say, vandalized? It seemed completely useless. What you posted here looks to be the real deal. Thanks.

Just so you know last time (really the only time) I checked the sticky thread that had the user modified user manual, it was, I guess you could say, vandalized? It seemed completely useless. What you posted here looks to be the real deal. Thanks.
There are two different versions of owner enhanced User Manuals in the sticky thread here:
Post in thread 'Firmware and OEM Manuals'
Firmware and OEM Manuals

The first is a link to a Google Doc and the second is a downloadable PDF that is the Yuneec manual with enhancements from owners. It was compiled by @ogrench (C. O’grench). He also created one for the H+ that you will want to download.

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval