Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Good Morning Gentlemen, New H + Owner, Basic Questions

Reaction score
Good morning all, and as it reads a "Newbi H Owner",,,,,,,

So I just got it, used but seems in excellent condition,

Turned on the controller, waited for it to boot up, then turned on the aircraft, message that Realsince not detected, purple flashing light on aircraft, camera angled slightly to the left, pan knob centered.

Admittedly haven't read the entire owners manual from the "How To" forum, and it's going to be a learning curve.

Please don't get impatient with me on quick replies until the weekend, I work all day but I'll be back this evening.

But those two things I'd like to get some advise on, and one other thing, what are your personal preferences on neck straps, there wasn't one with the kit.

Thank you in advance,

Cal

Good morning all, and as it reads a "Newbi H Owner",,,,,,,

So I just got it, used but seems in excellent condition,

Turned on the controller, waited for it to boot up, then turned on the aircraft, message that Realsince not detected, purple flashing light on aircraft, camera angled slightly to the left, pan knob centered.

Admittedly haven't read the entire owners manual from the "How To" forum, and it's going to be a learning curve.

Please don't get impatient with me on quick replies until the weekend, I work all day but I'll be back this evening.

But those two things I'd like to get some advise on, and one other thing, what are your personal preferences on neck straps, there wasn't one with the kit.

Thank you in advance,

Cal
welcome.
read the manual and these forum.
before long you will be as flighty as the rest of us..a fine place to be.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Calvin
...Admittedly haven't read the entire owners manual from the "How To" forum, and it's going to be a learning curve...

This is the best first step. Sit down with the manual in hand, ST16S powered on, and H+ powered up (no props) as well. Read through the manual and make sure you understand each topic/feature, can locate on the controller/aircraft, and why or why not you would use it. Take a few hours on this “Orientation Session” and it will be some of the most valuable time you can spend with your bird.

Not only will you probably fix your issues, but you’ll also be able to have a more detailed, expertise level, conversation with the Guru’s here on the forum. So, do your homework, get to know your new bird, then come back for help on things you’re not understanding or can’t seem to fix.

(The Guru’s here will know if you don’t do this just by the questions you ask! ;))

• Love
Reactions: DoomMeister
OK, so how about the third question,

Preferred neck straps, what do you guys use?

I've looked at a few different types online, the belt mount might be a problem, got no belt room left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I use one by @Ty Pilot, Typhoon and I love it. Besides being comfortable the tray allows you to lay it down or stand on end.

Econo or Carbon?

Does it allow easy access to the screen with the sunshade one?

off to work again, I can read but not post during the weekdays

I have the CF version and bought it before the Econ version was developed. His products are all high quality so I would put this down to personal preference.

Even the stock sunshade restricts access to the screen and the extension that is offered would not change that much. Being able to see the screen without shading it with your hand far outweighs any disadvantage of making it a little more difficult to accomplish touchscreen actions.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Caution, bit of a rant but not bad,,,,,,

Sure are a lot of screws holding this bird together,,,,,,,,,,,,

10 holding the shell half's together,
3 holding the camera mount,
4 holding the Realsence,
4 holding the landing gear on,,,,,

How did I get such an accurate count?

Had to figure out why the battery was stuck in the bird and couldn't be pried out,
Yup, lots of fun buying used and non disclosure but "Recently Professionally Refurbished" drone,,,,,,,,,

The price of it was ok so the rant ends here,,,,,,,,,

I read about the felt, nope not the felt, on the front of the battery are two alignment slots on the side of the nose,
At the pin end of the battery box are two alignment guides, those guides are just a bit too wide, bit of dremel now that's the way the battery should slide in a & out.

Maybe I should post a thread in the "How To" forum,

Last edited:
Glad you figured it out. Had never encountered a battery cage with oversized guides.

Well, once done with that, there was a bit more, the power supply pins were also part of the issue as I just discovered after a reassembly re-check,
Disassembled again and I was able to remove the power pin bar to fit it separably to the battery without the battery in the box.
I de-burred all the edges and polished the faces of the flat pins,,,,,,,
Now that's how a battery should fit.

The main reason for the partial rant of displeasure with the overall deal, the camera always booted up a couple of degree's off center and during this disassembly with my Magni-Focus headset on I saw all the crash marks on the housing of the camera assembly, don't remember the seller mentioning landing with the gear up a few times,,,,,

Camera gimbal works fine, smooth up down and around, just a bit off center after boot up,

also during the first disassembly found one of the external antennas pinched under the landing gear mount, wire isn't cut, just squished.

On a slightly different topic,,,,,
If I can get another battery charger that's either defective or almost free + shipping I want to gut it and use the battery receiver to wire in a 5 wire balance harness and power leads to adapt for using with a Imax b6 so I can get the individual cell data during charging.

Just saw this on Ebay, Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Charger OEM Equipment for sale online | eBay
Then found this one and the seller has good rating's, yeah a few bucks more but free shipping,

Last edited:
Ok, rant over, it's on me, just calibrated the camera gimbal, all's well.

Well, once done with that, there was a bit more, the power supply pins were also part of the issue as I just discovered after a reassembly re-check,
Disassembled again and I was able to remove the power pin bar to fit it separably to the battery without the battery in the box.
I de-burred all the edges and polished the faces of the flat pins,,,,,,,
Now that's how a battery should fit.

The main reason for the partial rant of displeasure with the overall deal, the camera always booted up a couple of degree's off center and during this disassembly with my Magni-Focus headset on I saw all the crash marks on the housing of the camera assembly, don't remember the seller mentioning landing with the gear up a few times,,,,,

Camera gimbal works fine, smooth up down and around, just a bit off center after boot up,

also during the first disassembly found one of the external antennas pinched under the landing gear mount, wire isn't cut, just squished.

On a slightly different topic,,,,,
If I can get another battery charger that's either defective or almost free + shipping I want to gut it and use the battery receiver to wire in a 5 wire balance harness and power leads to adapt for using with a Imax b6 so I can get the individual cell data during charging.

Just saw this on Ebay, Yuneec Typhoon H Battery Charger OEM Equipment for sale online | eBay
Then found this one and the seller has good rating's, yeah a few bucks more but free shipping,
The battery adapter you linked to is for the Typhoon H (480) version of batteries. You need the one for the H+/H520 batteries that have the flat bladed mini Deans contacts for the balance leads. Can only find them in the EU for now. You are better off converting the OEM charger like you mentioned.

oh, guess it's good to ask, close one for sure, just about to order it,,,,,,,, thanks.

How about a battery up grade?

Did this mod to my OME charger this morning, works good.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Li