Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Acquiring, Not Ready

Can you look at the About Controller menu in the System Settings? Do these numbers match what you see on yours?

Latest_2017-06-30-22-11-26.png

So today's update - got tired of driving to the park - so i just set the typhoon H out on the front drive - marginal sky view - but 10 sats for both units - SOLID purple - that was a surprise...still no motors starting with red button...tried smart mode too - and walked away - no joy. So went to system set up looked at the binding page - went back "home" and the props started spinning at idle. I have to go back into system setup and then the props stop and i can shut down the H - i even tried turning OFF the GPS figuring you should be able to at least start the thing ....no joy....i said before i was tired of chasing this thing around - actually i am tired of carrying it around. VD finally responded - i'll try to re-engage them...

Can you look at the About Controller menu in the System Settings? Do these numbers match what you see on yours?

View attachment 22775
yes - exactly the same EXCEPT i have RealSense Version 1.10 - other than that one difference - everything else is the same.

so now i may have stumbled upon the issue. I dug out my Yuneek Wizard from my Q500 4K and took it outside, calibrated it - bound it to the H. Powered up the H and the wizard (with no props 'cuz i was in my driveway still) and let it bind and find...all systems ready - pressed the "red motor on" button and voila!! the motors started!. Powered down everything - took the ST 16 - factory reset - rebound the H - brought it back to the exact same place - solid purple light!!!.....no freakin' motors....went back to the settings screen - then back to the home screen - motors started (again no props)...but i had no control.

So my guess is that my starter button on the ST16 is broken, you think the folks at VD would have experienced that too...having said all that, i don't know how a broken start switch could explain why when i go to system settings and then return to the H - the motors start....any opinion on any of this will be greatly appreciated.

Looked at some other threads on the B1 button - went to the "hardware monitor" page - everything moves when moved EXCEPT that B1 switch - case closed? Now how to replace the B1 switch - any guidance/insight for that - i'll go hunt some of the other threads. thanks again for all the help.

Last edited:
? i suppose it was inevitable - went out to the park today and tried using "take off" and "return to home" instead of red start button - it took off okay - and then rose to about 30'...had a mind of it's own - and then for some reason it decided to turn off the motors - see my new ad in the "parts section"....

i'm done. it may be fixable, mostly broken arms and landing gear - camera is toast - should have taken that off...probably could have caught it when it was falling - but it was so sudden and so unexpected - i didn't have time to react. Make me an offer and include shipping maybe you need some more batteries or props or charger or maybe you are patient enough to repair and fly this thing....i am neither. Here is what i have to offer:

Crashed Typhoon H - photos available but mostly broken arms and landing gear
Realsense module
Crashed camera - (toast)
ST16 with broken B1 button and sunshade
Battery Charger - complete
lots of props - 7 white and 7 black
ST16 harness
car charger adapter
two OEM batteries
TWO brand new - never charged UntraX 6300mAh batteries - still in the box
the Styrofoam case AND the original box for the H

Make me an offer i can't refuse and pay for shipping the entire bundle is yours....

signed - FORMER Typhoon H pilot/owner

• Sad
Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop