Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with GPS acquiring

So the IMU take a heater inside ? What's the utility ? Flying by cold weather ? Where do you see this temp value in GUI ? Is it programmable ?
Yes there is a heater. It's function was added on one of the firmware updates. It was my understanding the heater is used to help stabilize the barometric sensor in cold weather to reduce drift in the calculated altitude. The altitude reading is zeroed when the motors are started. I have often started and stopped the motors to reset the altimeter in cold weather until it's somewhat stabilized. When starting in warmer weather the altitude drift seems less noticeable.

However, @h-elsner is far more knowledgeable about the electronics. It is from my experience with faulty FC's that I concluded they can fail from overheating. I don't have a conclusive way to verify this. When discussing this fault with pilots in hot climates they have acknowledged storing the aircraft in the trunk, taking out and setting up in the hot sun and powering on. In this scenario the inside of the aircraft is already preheated to a very high temp and then baked further by placing it in the sun.

Reactions: xXxav
Thanks for these informations h-elsner, Steve Carr and Valkin, I understand much better !

On the H the baro sensor is on the bottom side of the FC.

View attachment 25479
Let me say again, not the whole FC is temperature controlled. Only the cooper square box is heated, where the IMU is placed.

If you heat the barometric sensor, you will get wrong readings. The pressure is proportional to the temperature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval