Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Gps Acquiring

Reaction score
I have reactivated my Typhoon H after a 12mths , and are struggling to get gps lock although the controller is showing 17 sats , still saying acquiring, any thought suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks
Wayne

It is not unusual that it takes longer to aquire satellites when the device (effects not only drones) has not been in use for a longer period of time. Place it on an open field and wait up to 15 minutes. When it has found its satellites you are free to go. You will only have to do this once for a while unless the little storage battery inside the GPS Modul drains.

Reactions: Russell Smith
It is not unusual that it takes longer to aquire satellites when the device (effects not only drones) has not been in use for a longer period of time. Place it on an open field and wait up to 15 minutes. When it has found its satellites you are free to go. You will only have to do this once for a while unless the little storage battery inside the GPS Modul drains.
how long do those watch batteries last... the one that's on the gps module itself...???

how long do those watch batteries last... the one that's on the gps module itself...???

Usually several years. In many cases even longer then the device itself. I have actually never experienced them to be empty.

the controller is showing 17 sats , still saying acquiring
If you are in a clear area and have waited for 12-15 min it should have changed to Ready.
If it does not then the Flight Controller on top of the main board in the H has likely failed. That can happen if the FC was exposed to high temps or static electricity. The only way to know for certain is to install the FC in another H and see if the problem follows the FC.

I have reactivated my Typhoon H after a 12mths , and are struggling to get gps lock although the controller is showing 17 sats , still saying acquiring, any thought suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks
Wayne
Don't forget that the ST16 has to have a full data complement as well. It's not like a smartphone that can go online and get the data. Its requirements are the same as those of the drone

Thanks Jannish, have tried this ,how ever I may need to check the button battery

If you are in a clear area and have waited for 12-15 min it should have changed to Ready.
If it does not then the Flight Controller on top of the main board in the H has likely failed. That can happen if the FC was exposed to high temps or static electricity. The only way to know for certain is to install the FC in another H and see if the problem follows the FC.
Thanks Steve

Just wondering if props on or off would affect the gps lock, trying process of elimination b4 open up the H, so far I have done with props off
cheers
wayne

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval