Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Calibration on Typhoon H Plus

There is no GPS calibration. The compass (aka magnetometer) does get calibrated. GPS only gets information from the satellites.

Sorry about my mistake, but how often do I need to calibrate the compass?
I calibrate it once when new. After that it isn't needed unless you travel a long distance. In Norway 100 km East/West or 50 km North/South.
If you get a compass warning while flying over 5m high then you should do a new calibration.

2019 Magnetic Declination.jpg

Thank you, that make sense, because last year I was north in Norway and drive about 1600 km without calibrate the H+. It went bad and it crashed, but luckily, just one of the landing gear broke. Again, thank you!

Reactions: Steve Carr
There is no GPS calibration. The compass (aka magnetometer) does get calibrated. GPS only gets information from the satellites.
To put it simple you calibrate the compass so the drone knows where it is bye reading it's position off the GPS satellites, calibration, I do that only if I travel 150 to 200 miles from my original calibration point, fly your drone if everything's alright then don't worry if your drone starts to drift re-calibrate enjoy the drone

Reactions: Mike Irish

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis