Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS Recalibration

Reaction score
I just made a trip from Florida to South Carolina and recalibrated there and back home again. Just wondering how far I can go without GPS recalibration and be safe. If North is what we are recalibrating to, if I went to Tampa 100 miles directly North would I need to recalibrate? Latitude or Longitude a determining factor?
Mic Q5004K

I have been told 100 miles is the safe limit, but have accidentally forgot and was 300 away and had no issues, because my homepoint always is shown on the screen.

I have been told 100 miles is the safe limit, but have accidentally forgot and was 300 away and had no issues, because my homepoint always is shown on the screen.
I'm a 5 mile guy,just careful and I recalibrate usually every 10 - 15 flights.Get a Marco-Polo for extra insurance.

Reactions: DroneClone
Are you guys talking about compass calibration?
I believe my friend Humboldt is, I don't calibrate compass as much, unless I go out of my distance from last calibration, or it states to do one. Just my 2 cents, to me it gives me less chance for it to do a "dirty" calibration, and we all know what that can lead too!. But that is just my feelings and he may be better off doing more often!

Last edited:
Yes I was referring to compass,I'm in a very rual and mountainous area,3000ft to 9000 ft of mountains and valleys and not the friendliest country to be trekking along looking for a lost drone,this time of year.Recomend a Marco-polo for added insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace