Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GPS rizer for H

Reaction score
Hi all. I am wondering if someone could help me find one of these rizers so I could reposition my GPS module on the outside of mu H please.

1583774129710.png

Reactions: davemh
Reactions: Steve Carr
It does make a difference, $7 bucks, and a half hour of labor how can you go wrong ? Not a huge difference, but a noticeable one.
I hope so. I am not looking for extra range reilly, just a more positive and reliable signal.
I would also like to tryout that newly announced booster that is offered on this forum ;).
Cheers.
Mike

I'm wondering if I could clean up this as it is 3d printed and looks a little rough ;). I am thinking of sanding it and then adding some spray paint?
Do you think this sort of plastic will clean up ok for paint??
Mike

I'm wondering if I could clean up this as it is 3d printed and looks a little rough ;). I am thinking of sanding it and then adding some spray paint?
Do you think this sort of plastic will clean up ok for paint??
Mike
Good question, l have an extra, but before l scuff it was thinkin of doin a vinyl wrap first On the other hand l could sand it with 400 grit wet ?

Reactions: Mike Irish
Good question, l have an extra, but before l scuff it was thinkin of doin a vinyl wrap first On the other hand l could sand it with 400 grit wet ?

Yes I was thinking of using wet and dry paper and then a plastic primer then a finish colour cote. It should work
Mike

spaceship_1, an ebay seller has this item. $7.00 + $3.95 s&h
Item #264219677289
Yea. I got mine for $7 but the postage to Ireland was a costley. I had no other option as they weren't available anywhere in the EU!

A big thank you goes out to Steve Carr for the link.
Cheers.
Mike

Untitled.jpgUntitled.jpg

It looks like the pancake is doing the rounds again, look in the thread ,relocating the GPS module or go to uneekideaz.com for a real tower with cooling fan also. It is removable and the fan shifts 7 currently ft of air a minute. There are also heat comparisons with my tower and the pancake and standard positioning. Don't forget that like one of the blokes in the thread said you only get what you pay for.
John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

I agree with John. If you are going to trouble with moving the GPS antenna do it right and get as much additional benefit as you can. John makes and sells the best product for this but it costs more.

Hi All,
Once you are in the site go to the video section and also about us section and you will see that it is not a cheaply made item and it works with the H+ and 520 also.
Johnno Hennessy.

Hi All,
Once you are in the site go to the video section and also about us section and you will see that it is not a cheaply made item and it works with the H+ and 520 also.
Johnno Hennessy.
John its said theres a fan ? Also is there a video, or pictures attaching/ removing for transporting in the bag ?

Yes, it is on that Webb site that Ron Dobson gave everybody a quick link to in the #15 of this thread and it will take you to my site and look in the video section . There are heat tests and a fan demo and instalation instructions. It is relatively simple to do and power the fan also with a small liposuction velcro ed to the shell. It fits in the acknowledge pack for transport. I will find the threads and point all in the right direction, as me and computers do not send Christmas cards to each other. So I will try me to keep all informed. John Hennessy

Presumably it also renders the custom Yuneec backpack case unusable though, whereas the cheap 3D printed ones on Ebay still allow use of the case by simply carving out a little of the foam. It's quite obvious that the chimney design is far superior, but I'm wondering how folks transport their THs after installing this mod....

Reactions: John Hennessy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare