Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

gps trackers

Are you referring to being able to find your ship if it crashes or flies away or an app to tell you how many satellites are in the sky around you?

Are you referring to being able to find your ship if it crashes or flies away or an app to tell you how many satellites are in the sky around you?
I use an app called "Satellite Check" to tell how many satellites are in the sky above me. I use it when my birds cannot connect for some strange reason and to verify I have sufficient number to fly.

I think he is in need of a tracker, in case he has a flyaway/auto land to track his downed H
I thought you could get that info from the telemetry download? I figured if you could use DashWare to overlay the telemetry onto your video why couldnt you overlay the data onto google earth or something. maybe I'm just not understanding what DashWare and the collected telemetry is capable of.

I thought you could get that info from the telemetry download? I figured if you could use DashWare to overlay the telemetry onto your video why couldnt you overlay the data onto google earth or something. maybe I'm just not understanding what DashWare and the collected telemetry is capable of.
I also thought I read somewhere that the Q500 (along with the H) put out some sort of signal that can be tracked by the transmitter? Am I not understanding that correctly?

MarcoPolo is kinda of expensive if I recall correctly. I know that was the default tracking device used when the GPS was not well developed in the earlier birds but these days I would think there is a way of tracking without an added device.

I use Flytrex Live on my Q500 4K. It works great. I enjoy going to the Flytrex page to look over the telemetry after a flight. The flight data is usually ready on their web site 10 - 15 minutes after a flight.

I emailed Flytrex last week and asked when a GPS cable will be introduced for the H. I was told they have no plans presently to offer a cable, but market conditions (meaning sales) will be the reason for a cable for the H to be produced.

On my Q500 4K I had to completely disassemble the body, connect the Flytrex cable to the existing GPS cable. I also had to solder the power connectors for the Flytrex to the Q's motherboard. You can share your videos on the Flytrex page also.

One nice thing about the Flytrex data, there's no need to modify it before using it on Dashware.

I'm hoping they release the new cable for the H sooner, rather than later. I do wonder where I'm going to attach it to the H however.

I use Flytrex Live on my Q500 4K. It works great. I enjoy going to the Flytrex page to look over the telemetry after a flight. The flight data is usually ready on their web site 10 - 15 minutes after a flight.

I emailed Flytrex last week and asked when a GPS cable will be introduced for the H. I was told they have no plans presently to offer a cable, but market conditions (meaning sales) will be the reason for a cable for the H to be produced.

On my Q500 4K I had to completely disassemble the body, connect the Flytrex cable to the existing GPS cable. I also had to solder the power connectors for the Flytrex to the Q's motherboard. You can share your videos on the Flytrex page also.

One nice thing about the Flytrex data, there's no need to modify it before using it on Dashware.

I'm hoping they release the new cable for the H sooner, rather than later. I do wonder where I'm going to attach it to the H however.
After seeing what I had to do to replace the airframe on my Traxxas Aton I'm not in a hurry to have to open up something like the Q500 or the H to install a tracker. Something that would velcro or zip tie to a leg would be my desired method.

I have the marco polo and the trakimo both work great and all you do is Velcro to the body.

Me too, and I prefer that route. I know how to extract the flight telemetry, but not how to overlay to Google Maps, hoping someone on here can show us!

Sorry for the late reply, I was talking about finding my drone. Trackimo or Marko polo seem to have the distance. I don't plan on loosing it but this thing is a blast to fly and I have been going a little farther then I usually do. thanks and by the way everything is expensive in this Hobby...

I've been using the RF-V16 with a GSM pay as you go service (about $5/month in usage). It's been flawless. It has an iOS app, an Android app, and a web service for GPS tracking and you can ping it with text if you are nearby. I can also use it to see where the kids are taking the car!

I've been using the RF-V16 with a GSM pay as you go service (about $5/month in usage). It's been flawless. It has an iOS app, an Android app, and a web service for GPS tracking and you can ping it with text if you are nearby. I can also use it to see where the kids are taking the car!
I read that it works on the 2G network. What will happen when the 2G is discontiued?
Also, you say it works out to about $5/ mo but the write up says $2/day. Does the $2 charge know when the unit is active as opposed to when it is not active or do you have to call or contact the company when to start the service and stop the service?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval