Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Greetings from Missouri, US Q500 !!!

Reaction score
Bought a pre owned Q500 and it needs the 3 wire connector that is a slide connector that connects the gimbal to the drone. Nobody in the parts business seems to be able to find it.
Thx!!!

Hi. Attached the pics.Thank you!

Attachments

• EA7D8977-FDD7-4C48-BF60-05EB4FA873B3.jpeg
    EA7D8977-FDD7-4C48-BF60-05EB4FA873B3.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 7012F7E3-C988-4E1D-A43D-6CABEA5FA153.jpeg
    7012F7E3-C988-4E1D-A43D-6CABEA5FA153.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • 0582DCA8-FE87-4376-8A34-952AD0A35065.jpeg
    0582DCA8-FE87-4376-8A34-952AD0A35065.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
  • D640E4C9-6C83-405E-BFE7-A262EC12F0B9.jpeg
    D640E4C9-6C83-405E-BFE7-A262EC12F0B9.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 9
This part with the 3 wires attached was pulled out of something. It has 3 contacts

Attachments

• 2A003AEB-1062-4D24-B5A1-D2C8238CDE28.jpeg
    2A003AEB-1062-4D24-B5A1-D2C8238CDE28.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 9
  • DA9BDC72-2543-4DE6-ACD4-2FF3E8083AD2.jpeg
    DA9BDC72-2543-4DE6-ACD4-2FF3E8083AD2.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
  • 9332FFC3-FF18-4201-9D7F-35ADB981160C.jpeg
    9332FFC3-FF18-4201-9D7F-35ADB981160C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 09F3DDB5-22B9-4CEC-A5AF-F53935E7E7FA.jpeg
    09F3DDB5-22B9-4CEC-A5AF-F53935E7E7FA.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
those are the infamous "three black wires". They have destroyed more CGo3 cameras than all other causes combined.
The best remedy is to clip them off of the contact plate, put it all back together, and use the "pigtail" shown at the bottom of your first picture above. The small end plugs into the back of the camera gimbal board, the larger end plugs into the belly connector of the drone, just behind the mount. The pigtail is the same power to the same locations as the three black wires. All you loose is the convenience of a "hotshoe" type power connector.

Note that since the three black wires were already ripped out, there is a good chance the camera is already damaged. It would be wise to plug it in with the pigtail to verify the camera still works. If the camera does not work, describe how it behaves , and there MAY be some remedy available, but not real likely.

If you want to reconnect the three black wires instead of using the pigtail, they connect to the back edge of the gimbal board to the left of the small pigtail plug. They are marked as "gnd", "vcc" and "pwm" to correspond to those same labels on the connector end of each wire. You have to remove the ventilated black box from over the gimbal board to see them. The box is held on by two philips screws that come in from UNDER the mount plate, The other end is just a couple of tabs.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Well finally some information! Thank you very much! All the batteries were left at full charge for too long and are no good so I’m in the market ! Kevin

One other point. Do not connect power to the three black wires without either clipping them off, reinstalling them, or insulating them. They get powered up from the drone, whether used or not. They can short out and damage the drone as well as the camera.

Batteries are a whole other story now days. Most "new" ones have been in a warehouse for several years, most "used" ones are pretty near shot. You can find some advice on several ways to convert the drone to use standard RC batteries if you do a search on this forum. Regardless of original, aftermarket or standard RC, be sure the seller will accept returns if the battery is not good.

Last edited:
Once again, thanks! You wouldn’t by chance have one that you’d let go of?
What about the ones on eBay that aren’t oem?

Once again, thanks! You wouldn’t by chance have one that you’d let go of?
What about the ones on eBay that aren’t oem?
I'm down to my last two Batteries. One is an OEM, one is an aftermarket GIFI version of the OEM. I will soon be looking for replacements myself. I learned the hard way not to buy more batteries than you will use.
I hear both good and bad for almost all brands of batteries. The Gifi batteries received a lot of praise when they first came out, but I have seen some complaints afterwards. The one I have seems to be doing fine.
I modified one of my Q500s to use Standard RC type batteries, and may go with that for the next set of batteries.

This is one of about a million ways to do it. Many folks just use two "EC3" connectors to make an extension from the existing plug, and then use a smaller battery to allow for the space taken up by the extension.
The method in this document allows you to use a full sized battery. If nothing else, it can be used to give you some ideas for how you want to do yours. These pictures are from the one I did for mine. I wasn't focused too much on "pretty", at the time, but a little care could be used to make it look nicer. It works fine.

Attachments

• Q500 Low Tech Battery Adapter.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
I'm down to my last two Batteries. One is an OEM, one is an aftermarket GIFI version of the OEM. I will soon be looking for replacements myself. I learned the hard way not to buy more batteries than you will use.
I hear both good and bad for almost all brands of batteries. The Gifi batteries received a lot of praise when they first came out, but I have seen some complaints afterwards. The one I have seems to be doing fine.
I modified one of my Q500s to use Standard RC type batteries, and may go with that for the next set of batteries.
I'm poised to pull the trigger on a GIFI battery for my TH from Amazon U.K.. The OEM battery is currently unobtainable in the U.K. I've seen some negative posts about the GIFI so I'm dithering a bit...but fear that I may have no option unless I modify things. All my current OEM batteries are over 3 years old. Still all good, for now, but that ain't gonna last forever. I see from your post that your GIFI for your Q is a good one. What are your thoughts about Gifi for the TH?

It's definitely available I bought 2 3 months ago
Bought a pre owned Q500 and it needs the 3 wire connector that is a slide connector that connects the gimbal to the drone. Nobody in the parts business seems to be able to find it.
Thx!!!

I'm still on my OEM batteries for the TH. Without personal experience, my opinion would not carry much weight. Here are some of the threads that others have shared:
Search results for query: Typhoon H Gifi
Thanks for the search results. I've no idea why it didn't occur to me to do my own search...particularly since I've told people to go search the forum on other topics several times in the past. My bad on this one and, again, thanks for the search. I should have done my own search [slaps own legs].

Reactions: WTFDproject

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval