Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

GUI

You absolutely must use the Typhoon cable that came with your "H". I think it has a "Dongle" or special wiring for it to work. I have auto and spectrum analyzers that require the use of the special cables for them to work.
There is no evidence to support your theory. Yuneec doesn't require you to use their cable, and I in fact use a longer third-party cable that I keep in my Typhoon backpack with no issues. Dongles are usually used for license enforcement, and that doesn't make any sense in this instance.

I tried to access mine with my third party cable and it did not work. The third party cable used elsewhere and it worked fine.

In a nutshell, I personally think it's either an OS/driver problem or some sort of unknown incompatability issue that's going on here. Either way, I don't exactly think this GUI interface problem is currently at the top of Yuneec's list of things to get to.

It can't be the Typhoon because, as I already stated, I did have the GUI up and running 3 separate times with it; the interface just wouldn't stick. As far as USB cords go,one tech at Yuneec told me there was nothing special about their USB cord either. No dongles, nothing proprietary. She told me to use any USB cord I want, any length I want, because it didn't matter. Any cord should work, she said.

But I did get very different answers both times I called them, which I know does occur when making service calls. At one point one tech even told me he thought my Typhoon was bricked, but that wasn't the case at all, even though we spent a good amount of time pursuing that angle, too. Not having access to the GUI does not stop me from flying or enjoying my H routinely in any way whatsoever. Again, I would simply just like to have access to the heads-up info the interface affords Typhoon owners. The brief times I had it working, it looked like it could come in handy to have.

Not being known for my great runs of good luck in life, I at first thought that this was a problem I alone was facing, but I saw that others, too, faced this same problem as well. Like me, others simply gave up on it.

But doing that is kind of like having a horse with a broken leg. You can shoot the horse, but that doesn't fix the leg.

Did you install the 32bit driver version allso?
I had the same problems as you and after installing both driver versions and setting the connect ways to SerialPort, reboot win connect usb then power on TH.

Same issue here, can't get the GUI to work (and I do this for a living). Windows 10 PC. Will try compatibility mode this evening but I don't have high hopes. I have a STM Electronics driver installed for use with Cleanflight on my quad racers and thought it may be a driver conflict. Looking at the post here I no longer think that's my problem.

I can honestly say I have tried every single possibility and combination you can try. I spoke with Yuneec Customer Support yesterday and even they asked if I had tried a different micro USB cable, so there cable is obviously no different than any other cable you can buy. They asked me to bring my drone in. I'm going to drive out there today. I will post their solution and what they find as soon as I walk out of their building.

Also, you have to connect via Serialport option. The USB Connection is not used in the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got here and already found out I'm a COMPLETE IDIOT!!! I have been plugging the USB cable into the real sense module!! I never even saw the connection above it!!

Reactions: Dr Delta
Just got here and already found out I'm a COMPLETE IDIOT!!! I have been plugging the USB cable into the real sense module!! I never even saw the connection above it!!

Okay. Now we've established you're a complete idiot. But I and many others have been plugging the cord into the right port. While you're still there can you please pass along the troubles the rest of us are having with the GUI to see what you may learn?

Reactions: ChadCloses
In one other forum there is a workaround to get gui work on win10 its installing new driver after you have installed the gui.. Posted by skyfotos.net, i did it and it works

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Last edited:
The spoke to the tech and said other guys in a forum I'm in are plugging their cable into the correct spot but aren't able to connect. Can you tell me what they can try to resolve the issue? He said they should just plug it in and it should connect. There isn't anything special I can tell you because we don't do anything different. So I guess the only option is to send it in. I haven't had a chance to connect mine but will try it tonight. I did think it was funny that the tech said I haven't even seen a drone with this update yet. I heard him telling all the other tech what was new with the update I had on it.

The spoke to the tech and said other guys in a forum I'm in are plugging their cable into the correct spot but aren't able to connect. Can you tell me what they can try to resolve the issue? He said they should just plug it in and it should connect. There isn't anything special I can tell you because we don't do anything different. So I guess the only option is to send it in. I haven't had a chance to connect mine but will try it tonight. I did think it was funny that the tech said I haven't even seen a drone with this update yet. I heard him telling all the other tech what was new with the update I had on it.

Thanks, Chad. I really appreciate you going out of your way to ask questions for the rest of us, my friend. And we certainly can't kill the messenger for what he has brought back to us. Thank you for trying.

I guess this is one of those slippery problems that everyone has a hard time getting a hold of. I do wish you luck in getting your interface working tonight. If you have the chance, let us know how it goes. And if you happen to find some secret that has remain hidden I'm sure you will share with the rest of us.

I, too, have been surprised by the different comments I have received from the techs there. Sometimes they have contradicted one another.

Thanks again for serving as a scout for us today and bringing back what you came with. Like you say, looks like the only choice is to send it in or just live without it. Take it easy and have a very pleasant evening.

I'm sorry I didn't have better news for you guys. I have to add. When the tech started my drone he said it sounds kind of loud. I said yeah is that not how they normally sound? He noticed that 1 or 2 of the cooling fan blades were missing. Which is weird because I've never crashed or had a hard landing. He fixed that and installed new longer gimbal grommets which make the camera much smoother, plus he installed the NFZ update for me. All at no charge!! Couldn't be happier!! Great service!! A+++

I'm sorry I didn't have better news for you guys. I have to add. When the tech started my drone he said it sounds kind of loud. I said yeah is that not how they normally sound? He noticed that 1 or 2 of the cooling fan blades were missing. Which is weird because I've never crashed or had a hard landing. He fixed that and installed new longer gimbal grommets which make the camera much smoother, plus he installed the NFZ update for me. All at no charge!! Couldn't be happier!! Great service!! A+++

Way to go! Nothing wrong with getting free upgrades and tweaking of your equipment by an expert. Sounds like your visit was very worthwhile. Having missing cooling fans replaced is a critical plus for you. Congratulations. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Plugged my drone into the correct port and it connected to GUI instantly. Tested it be increasing the height limitation and it saved. Yuneec installed the NFZ for me but I don't see a difference anywhere, but I also don't know what to look for or where to look for it. Lol

Reactions: CC Rider
EDIT: Recap...be sure ST16 is OFF. Plug micro USB into bottom of drone securely, NOT the camera.

I guess I should have said "Not the camera or the RealSense". :)
All's well that ends well. and your saga certainly ended well. Instead of HOMES, maybe you should sell DRONES,:eek:

Reactions: ChadCloses
He fixed that and installed new longer gimbal grommets which make the camera much smoother...

So these are a new item? Need to call tomorrow to get 3 sets ordered.

There is no evidence to support your theory. Yuneec doesn't require you to use their cable, and I in fact use a longer third-party cable that I keep in my Typhoon backpack with no issues. Dongles are usually used for license enforcement, and that doesn't make any sense in this instance.
I stand corrected. You are correct that any proper cable should. I have a bad USB port on the computer I was using. Not knowing the port was bad I blamed the most likely suspect.

Reactions: Rayray
Finally after using the GUI and resetting the height 3 or 4 times and then closing the GUI and switching off the H I have set the height. The 200 metre setting was reached and it stopped there. Video shows nothing really but I put it up anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone