Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H as surveillance cam?

Reaction score
Hi, anyone who use the H as surveillance cam? For example to land on a roof or other construction with a leaning surface maybe up to 45 degrees. Then shut off the propps and only use the cam. Will it cause problem to land and take off on a leaning surface?

Risky move but with skill I guess it could be done . I would practice a lot on the ground and have plenty of spare props .

I would think it would tend to flip over upon landing .

I do not think it will handle the degree of angle you will be landing on...

On a flat roof it would work but anything greater than a 2-12 pitch would be very hard to do without rolling over. You would have to be good enough to touch down on the skid tips and slowly let down on the low side. A take off would be crazy risky.

Yeah I have to agree with the above - 45 degrees is the sort of angle where you are almost guaranteeing the craft will flip on landing and come tumbling off the roof when you kill the motors - or at least you are creating circumstances where that is quite likely to occur. People land on flat roofs all the time, but if the slope on the landing site is greater than about 20 degrees, then it's hand catch landing for me every time.

And depending on the shape of the building there is additional danger too in that when you land it might be that you lose controller LoS to the craft , which may result in loss of video, which you might be trying to use to land. In that case, you might be trying to do it blind as well !

Hi, anyone who use the H as surveillance cam? For example to land on a roof or other construction with a leaning surface maybe up to 45 degrees. Then shut off the propps and only use the cam. Will it cause problem to land and take off on a leaning surface?
You would not be able to land the H on a 45 degree slope. And nothing even close to 45 degrees. The aircraft would simply fight you back. There may be a solution in fitting something on the landing gear to cancel out the slope but It's something that I wouldn't be willing to try.

You would not be able to land the H on a 45 degree slope. And nothing even close to 45 degrees. The aircraft would simply fight you back. There may be a solution in fitting something on the landing gear to cancel out the slope but It's something that I wouldn't be willing to try.
Thanx all of you for very usefull information! Best from Sweden

ummm put up game cameras if you have trees surrounding the property

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio