Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H + batteries do not charge

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I left 6 months without being able to take the bird, on return the batteries are impossible to recharge, a blue light flashes 3 times with a beep.
They still have energy, if I turn on the drone it tells me 75 for one and 39% the other. They have few charge cycles.
May be trying to unload them completely? but I hesitate ... any advice will be welcome

DO NOT discharge them any further!!! It can only make matters worse.

You need to measure the individual cell voltages on each battery to determine what is causing the error. You will need a multimeter set to DC volts.

Place the Black negative lead on the outside terminal that is parallel to the row of contacts and the red lead on the terminal right next to it (don’t let the leads short the battery!!!) you should get a reading between 3.0 and 4.35V. Now place the black lead on the terminal the red lead was previously on and the red on the next one over and measure the voltage on cell two. Move the leads as before and measure the voltage on cells three and four.

Report the voltages you get for each cell on both battery packs and we can determine the next thing to try.

You really need to read the information in this thread LiPo battery care. You need to seriously consider getting a charger that allows you to put the batteries to storage charge when not being used for two or three days.

Lastly the batteries for the TH Plus are slightly different than regular LiPo batteries as they are LiHV ( lithium polymer high voltage ) so when shopping for a different charger make sure it is compatible with the LiHV batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Hennessy
Hello everyone.
I left 6 months without being able to take the bird, on return the batteries are impossible to recharge, a blue light flashes 3 times with a beep.
They still have energy, if I turn on the drone it tells me 75 for one and 39% the other. They have few charge cycles.
May be trying to unload them completely? but I hesitate ... any advice will be welcome
unloading completely would be a bad move with LIPO's...

DO NOT discharge them any further!!! It can only make matters worse.

You need to measure the individual cell voltages on each battery to determine what is causing the error. You will need a multimeter set to DC volts.

Place the Black negative lead on the outside terminal that is parallel to the row of contacts and the red lead on the terminal right next to it (don’t let the leads short the battery!!!) you should get a reading between 3.0 and 4.35V. Now place the black lead on the terminal the red lead was previously on and the red on the next one over and measure the voltage on cell two. Move the leads as before and measure the voltage on cells three and four.

Report the voltages you get for each cell on both battery packs and we can determine the next thing to try.

You really need to read the information in this thread LiPo battery care. You need to seriously consider getting a charger that allows you to put the batteries to storage charge when not being used for two or three days.

Lastly the batteries for the TH Plus are slightly different than regular LiPo batteries as they are LiHV ( lithium polymer high voltage ) so when shopping for a different charger make sure it is compatible with the LiHV batteries.

Thank you for the answer and advice.
I get on 3.61 / 3.95 / 3.40 / 3.96 for a total voltage of 14.94. on the other I have 4.15 / 4.10 /4.09 / 3.75 total voltage 16.10. there are no extraordinary gaps. I am tempted to make a little flight with the fullest of both, see if she accepts the charge after.

Chargers often will not initiate a charge cycle for batteries having cell voltages that differ by 1/10V or more. Both the batteries you provide voltages for possess that problem. Checking battery cell voltage to assure they are within 1/10V is one of the battery health checks owners should perform.

You mentioned you did not use them for 6 months, tried to charge them after that period and they would not charge, indicating the voltages you provided came from batteries that had been left charged and sitting for 6 months. We cannot leave our batteries fully charged, or partially charged above storage levels for extended periods of time as that damages them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66