Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H batteries.

Reaction score
Yuneec skins has H batteries in stock. I ordered one today. Does anyone know how good or bad they are?

According to the UPS my used Typhoon H will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow. With the new battery that will give me three flight batteries.

How long does the battery in the ST16 last? The battery in my DX7 lasts for days of flying before I have to charge it. And it rarely gets below 50 percent.
Thank you.
Pete.

Reactions: Yuneec Skins
Yuneec skins has H batteries in stock. I ordered one today. Does anyone know how good or bad they are?

According to the UPS my used Typhoon H will arrive on my doorstep tomorrow. With the new battery that will give me three flight batteries.

How long does the battery in the ST16 last? The battery in my DX7 lasts for days of flying before I have to charge it. And it rarely gets below 50 percent.
Thank you.
Pete.
I do not have any batteries from him, but John is a good guy and has gone to great lengths to find a supplier to make them for him. There is no actual guide that will tell you how long you will get out of any battery of any type, there are just too many variables to consider. The ST16 battery is very solid and allows you to use it for quite a while before it needs a charge under normal use. BUT, only you will know how long you get out of your batteries depending on what the load is that the batteries are up against.

There is no apples to apples with batteries, just apples to oranges.

Just received batteries 1 for H 1 for Q. Weather not permitting me to fly right now. Michigan has turned into a wind tunnel last few years. Will be nice to get 20 or s minutes on either.. Current batteries are 12 to 17 minutes, but no complaints. Pray tell what is a dx7,,,my guess would be a pencil sharpener,,,sorry couldn't resist. I have never had a nothing of nothing last that long,cept maybe my plow truck battery,but too heavy for the drones. Sincerely I do not know what a dx7 is.Good luck with the H I love mine. Read extended owners manual thouroughly before! you fly. Find in on here. Good luck. Let us know how you do. Great site to be a part of. Wish I would have seen this site 3 years ago before I crashed my Q500+ fixed thanks to the great guys on here,,and also my H. Expensive camera repair. Shout out to John Mitchell at yuneec skins for his help also. Great BUSY guy. Peace. KC

Thanks guys.
I just realized I posted this in the Plus section. Maybe a moderator can move it to the H section?

The DX7 is a transmitter made by JR for Spectrum. It is a great radio for airplane and helicopters. I also have my F450 drone on it. The only time it died on me was when I forgot to shut it off before putting it in the case. Imagine my disappointment when I arrived at the field with 3 helicopters and 8 charged up batteries. A great way to ruin a nice sunny day.

I just hope I can get three flight batteries on one charge of the transmitter battery for the H. I do have a USB battery pack ( very large one ) that I can take with me.

Pete.

Last edited:
You should have no problem with 3-5 flights on the ST16 battery depending on the actual flight time. I always charge the controller when I get home so it's ready for the next time I fly.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Got my H battery from YuneecSkins on Monday, charged it up because I thought I might get to fly the next morning, but between weather and work haven't had a chance to fly, so put it back in storage charge (took 3.5 hrs from full, guess I never did that before). I'll let you know as soon as I get to fly, it's my only good battery at the moment.

Thank you Steve for moving this thread to the right forum.
The H I got came with 2 good 8500mAh batteries with a storage charge on them. Both look brand new and so does the drone and ST16. I think 3 flight batteries should be fine for awhile. I just wasn't sure if the controller battery would last three flights, but sounds like it should be fine.
I'm sure I will have a lot more questions as soon as I can fly it.(winds of 40mph today)
Pete.

Just went to their site and their H batteries are out of stock... sigh... the only ones i see for sale are some generic amazon ones that have some sketchy reviews at best... Do they replenish stock often? Or should i be looking to unload this drone already after owning it only 3 days now lol....

I'm not sure how often they restock the inventory. You can call or email them.

I'm not getting rid of mine for awhile. Took it out yesterday in the wind and the thing is a beast. I had 3 batteries charged up and no way to safely discharge them so I took a chance. With gusts to almost 35mph it was rock solid. The drone tilted so far into the wind, the props or raised landing leg was in the shot. The horizon stayed level and smooth. It truly is an incredible machine.

Good luck.
Pete.

They are on the left coast and I'm on the right. It took 8 days from order to door.
Pete.

Reactions: Wingtip59
Just went to their site and their H batteries are out of stock... sigh... the only ones i see for sale are some generic amazon ones that have some sketchy reviews at best... Do they replenish stock often? Or should i be looking to unload this drone already after owning it only 3 days now lol....
Yuneec skins,will carry our batteries,and continue to support us in any way he can. You shouldn't give up on your H as the members on this site can and will help you. He just started stocking the batteries so give him some time.Shipping anything during these covid-times is a little slow .He is in California so if he has them in stock a week would be normal to U.S.

I like to know what flight times your getting out of the batteries from Yuneec skins? I realize it depends on
the weather conditions..

Wingtip 59.
I didn't time yesterday's flights except for one. I would guess about 13 to 15 minutes with the winds it was fighting. When I got the battery warning I landed as soon as I could. My other two batteries, one was about 10 minutes. The other I know was 15 minutes because the video is 14 minutes and 20 seconds.
The first 2 batteries the video was started and stopped several times and also took a bunch of snapshots. The last battery had the video on from takeoff to just before touchdown.
Pete.

Reactions: AH-1G
Umm thats interesting but i only asked how long it normally takes for an order to go through at yuneecskins
I too am interested, however I wanted more info about the longevity of flight time before considering purchase.

I can't give flight time right now because the weather is not cooperating. I can tell you that the day I did give it the first flight, it lasted as long if not longer than my other batteries. There are just too many variables to properly judge flight time. Perhaps someone can do a laboratory test to compare.
I can tell you that the build quality and materials used seem better than my GIFI and Ultra X batteries. Parting lines are smooth and consistent, door latch is positive, plastic is an engineering grade (PTFE) instead of a PVC, and contacts are plated. I will be buying more when in stock.
Pete.

Umm thats interesting but i only asked how long it normally takes for an order to go through at yuneecskins
I try to ship the same or next day, but it's been really busy. I try to ship Batteries ASAP, did you receive your Order?

Yuneec skins.
I recieved mine. It took 8 days from order to door. Very happy.
Thank you.
Pete.

I try to ship the same or next day, but it's been really busy. I try to ship Batteries ASAP, did you receive your Order?
I received the battery adapter, yes. Just waiting for batteries to be back in stock to order a battery or two.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval