Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Battery Transport Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Greetings,

A friend and I were talking about the best way to transport my H batteries and what was required to ensure that the contacts were protected from shorting etc. We figured that the best way was to have some sort of cover or cap that attached to the battery ....

So we decided to make some for ourselves :p

Here is the result:

DSC_0340.JPG DSC_0341.JPG

Now what sort of friends would we be if we didn't offer them to anyone who was interested in getting some for themselves ;).

So .... if anyone is interested in grabbing some, please let me know. There will be a minimal cost involved .... we are still working that out .... but we wanted to get an idea if there was any interest out here.

Cheers :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
Greetings,

A friend and I were talking about the best way to transport my H batteries and the discussion got to what was required to ensure that the contacts were protected from shorting etc. We figured that the best way was to have some sort of cover or cap that attached to the battery ....

So we decided to make some for ourselves [emoji14]

Here is the result:

View attachment 3036 View attachment 3037

Now what sort of friends would we be if we didn't offer them to anyone who was interested in getting some for themselves ;).

So .... if anyone is interested in grabbing some, please let me know. There will be a minimal cost involved .... we are still working that out .... but we wanted to get an idea if there was any interest out here.

Cheers :cool:
That looks nice! Good idea.

Bill W.

4 please

I'll take 4 when you are ready! You'll be shipping to Texas zip code 78253. Thanks! Was wondering when someone was going to come up with this.. there is a definite need.

Wow you guys are committing to "n" number without knowing the cost?

I do think it is odd that the battery has the "male" plug on it. All my years racing and running R/C we were always taught to put the female end on the battery to help prevent accidental shorting...

Reactions: KBflyer
Duct tape as stated before who needs a fancy cover :)
Oh ya people with more money then brains LOL

Duct tape would leave a sticky residue that could cause problems i think

Bill W.
obviously your not a old time RC user. It was used a lot in the old days. Guess you need to get up to speed on the old ways we used to do things :)

???? where you would like to make short? of batt contact ???? there is no metal parts in backpack where i have battery:) waste money, even for free make no sense to get secure contact of touch nothing:D

ha now i see that the dimension off this covers is bigger then battery outside so you can't even fitt in org holes in backpack .

Wow you guys are committing to "n" number without knowing the cost?

I do think it is odd that the battery has the "male" plug on it. All my years racing and running R/C we were always taught to put the female end on the battery to help prevent accidental shorting...
It's probably done this way on the Typhoon H because it's almost a 'blind' insertion in the craft and probably not many people actually look into the battery compartment to verify the connections are okay. It's easy to look at the connections on the battery.

RC cars are much easier to verify that the connections are okay before plugging in the battery.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval