Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H handheld gimble

*Edit - Latest version of steady grip which is included with 4k machine with black motors and batteries is compatible with CGO3+.

CGO3 app connects to CGO3+

C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶g̶r̶i̶p̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶t̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶C̶G̶O̶3̶+̶.̶

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Turbeville
Thank you for your reply, will yuneec be doing a hand held gimbal for the H any time soon or in the future?Thank you again

I've seen PR imaging for the Steadygrip 2 which is compatible with the CGO3+. Much improved as it used internal lipo battery rather than 8 (eight!) NiMH cells! No info on when it's available, though...

Is it going to be available with the lawsuit from DJI ?
One of the problems DJI mentioned was the system to mount drone cameras on a handheld system. They are saying that they have a patent on that whole idea !

Which is interesting as they were only granted that patent in March... Technically a GoPro mounted to a drone is a "drone camera" that can be interchangeable - good luck with that one! Also they appear to be suing on the basis of either "follow me/watch me" mode which is done by just about every manufacturer (and is the main selling point of Lily, for example) or on what RealSense can do - despite it not being released to market yet.

As I've previously said, this is going to go the way of Apple v Samsung and Colin Guinn v DJI - the lawyers will spin it out for several months at $$$ per hour and then there'll be an "amicable" settlement, the details of which will not be revealed, and in the meantime there will be no injunctions or restrictions on trade.

Hand held gimbals are so inexpensive now, I have one for my DSLR/mirrorless cameras and one for my iPhone, I wouldn't use the one from my hexacopter for anything but flying.

I just got off the phone with Yuneec asking this very question and they say it won't work dimensionally and that the copper contacts between the TH camera and the steady grip are different. Why would they do that if this video shows it will work? Which is right which is wrong...?

Thanks Tim.... So, since the sales rep I talked to at Yuneec apparently doesn't have that info, who should I talk to about ordering the steady grip shown in the video? I'd like to order one today. Can you help? Thanks...TP.

Part number for the steady grip you tested? Thanks...TP.

Thanks Tim.... So, since the sales rep I talked to at Yuneec apparently doesn't have that info, who should I talk to about ordering the steady grip shown in the video? I'd like to order one today. Can you help? Thanks...TP.

Sent you a private message.

Just look for the 8AA version on eBay.
Pick then up for under $100.
Make sure it is the 8AA version so it can be hacked and swapped out for a Li battery pack.

Ok I bought the Typhoon ActionCam from Carolina Drones and it arrived today. I just spent 5 hours getting the latest CGO3 V0.1.0.0049 Android app to connect my Nexus 5 to the Typhoon H CGO3+ fitted to the CGO SteadyGrip. The difficulty lies in the Android version on your phone. I have the latest 6.0.1 version of Android marshmallow and connecting it is a *****. Your phone and version of Android may be different. I had to assign a static IP address to the CGO3+ camera in Android before the two would sync up and display the camera view. Once I got the app working the CGO3+ and hand grip work like they're supposed to....except for serious lag between what the camera records and what you see on the phone screen. Audio recording is also actually worthless because the gimbal motors buzz too loud to make it worth listening to. Its a nice device but it needs better installation instructions and some way to silence the gimbal motors. BTW...the current steady grip comes with a 11.1 V 1400mAH 3C LiPo battery and 12.6V 1A wall charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval