Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Parts - 3D printed/ Source problems

Reaction score
Hi All. So I am having real trouble sourcing Genuine Parts for my CGO3+ Camera,
Mainly the Yaw Encoder Mounting plate. This also mounts the Gimbal pcb.
I cannot find one anywhere and it seems I’m not likely to get one unless I buy a complete new Camera.
My hope is that someone on the site has a 3D printed version. Or a 3D file I can use to print one.

Also if anyone has a replacement Gimbal pcb main board and a yaw sensor encoder.
I have still got mine but would like to replace all the same.

I really need the help to get my H back in the air taking video.

Thanks all

Yeah, Yuneec skins has just about eveerything. Although thier "skins" seem a little overpriced, everything else seems like a deal

Maybe this part? Which is missing from the pictures.

View attachment 23348
Sorry all I am only new on the site I am sure Looked at yuneec skins but no luck.
Hey Thank you for the reply. Appreciate it greatly!! So Everything I mentioned I needed is in the picture - The mount with the arrow and the yaw encoder A MUST and the Gimbal PCB.

? The back story is the previous owner must of left the Camera or whole H in the Sun. It’s unusual to see the yaw encoder board melted out of shape and Unusable. The Yaw encoder wires had no 3 pin plug but we’re soldered to the board and in incorrect order and badly done.
I hand made a mount and re soldiered the Yaw encoder directly to the heavily damaged yaw socket back in there correct order. The Camera Now works With no Beep Errors. Although It will stumble and move only a little left and right yaw on the dial on ST16. I have tried moving the top mount motor position to correct the calibration but it’s not playing ball. I pretty much tried to repair for testing purposes and to see if it’s worth saving.
It’s worth saving if I can get those parts. I can take some pics if needed but all you guys are on to it and know what I am talking about.
I will check Skins again but I definitely have searched the net pretty hard.. I know I can get Yaw encoder and Gimbal PCB. on Vertigo Drones.. but no one has yaw encoder mount anywhere!
Please if you guys have anymore advice I am all eyes ?. Except for soldering tiny wires lol. That sucks.

Hi All. So I am having real trouble sourcing Genuine Parts for my CGO3+ Camera,
Mainly the Yaw Encoder Mounting plate. This also mounts the Gimbal pcb.
I cannot find one anywhere and it seems I’m not likely to get one unless I buy a complete new Camera.
My hope is that someone on the site has a 3D printed version. Or a 3D file I can use to print one.

Also if anyone has a replacement Gimbal pcb main board and a yaw sensor encoder.
I have still got mine but would like to replace all the same.

I really need the help to get my H back in the air taking video.

Thanks all
Hello, have you tried Yuneec Skins.com? Most any part is available.

A replacement gimbal board will have to be calibrated to your camera. The chance of a used board working with your camera is very slim. I don't think there is ANY chance with a new board. You might want to look into the cost/availability of calibration in your area. Maybe check with @Haydn of Mountain View Enterprises? He is the Yuneec dealer for Australia. This map might help: "Yuneec Drones Australia"

Where are you. I might be able to help.
Call me/message me

Last edited:
Just a reminder as WTFDproject said if you change any of the encoders or gimbal board you need to calibrate your camera. There is no way around. the only thing you can change without calibration is the camera assembly other than that I wish you good luck.

Reactions: Haydn
Just a reminder as WTFDproject said if you change any of the encoders or gimbal board you need to calibrate your camera. There is no way around. the only thing you can change without calibration is the camera assembly other than that I wish you good luck.
Hey thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I will be changing as a matching pair. All good ?

I have the part uploaded to Thingiverse for anyone's to print.
It's actually a modified part that also allowes you to calibrate other encoders to the original motherboard.
Search
Yuneec CGO3+ encoder part

Reactions: Steve Carr
As I am changing (both from another complete camera )I won’t have to calibrate because they are a matching pair! If u change out either one individually yes you need to calibrate! Yuneecskins is sending me a complete CGO3+ to make up 1 working Camera
I do hope you are not correct. But as far as I have been told and info I have checked the calibration is between the encoder and pcb. The actual body of the camera are all the same. If the camera body is not the same could you imagine the assembly line? It would be a labour intensive nightmare! Happy to hear anyone else’s imput on this and I will relay it back to John at Yuneecskins so he knows how to advise others. Crossing my fingers you are wrong ( respectfully) I am praying that it works because it’s too costly to send my camera in for calibration as I’m in Australia!
If it fails then I will have lots of spare parts for sale so I can buy a new camera complete.
Thanks for the heads up and friendly advice
Cheers

Last edited:
I think we are talking about 2 different things.

If you have motherboard matched with all the encoders it was originally programmed to. Than you can add them to any camera body.

I was only directing you to the 3d printed part you originally were looking for. With one ceveat, that the part I designed can also be used to manually program the encoder to match any motherboard.

Prior to me making this part it was impossible (without sending camera in to be calibrated with software that is unavailable to the public) to program a new encoder to match a motherboard. For those who only needed to change the encoder, this 3d part allowed manual calibration.

I have the part uploaded to Thingiverse for anyone's to print.
It's actually a modified part that also allowes you to calibrate other encoders to the original motherboard.
Search
Yuneec CGO3+ encoder part
Absolutely 100% correct That is exactly what I’ve learned and what I’ll do is edit the post so people aren’t confused any more as I see what you’re sayingUnique skins has been absolutely fantastic in supplying me with a matching pair and they understood completely that it was just not Economically viable for me to send a Camera all the way there a And have been very very helpful with helping me with this problem, yuneec skins is possibly the best website I’ve ever dealt with absolutely fantastic

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval