Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Plus previous versions

I thought I had seen previous versions of the H Plus firmwares listed somewhere but can't find them again. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reactions: oliver
I am looking for the firmware. I have read the instructions but do not have copies of previous versions.

Dave

I am looking for the firmware. I have read the instructions but do not have copies of previous versions.

Dave
Why not explain the problems first then someone might be able to help, problems aren't always fixed with messing with the firmware, there are experts on here.

That is true. Forum history can show that users messing with firmware has caused many unnecessary issues that required considerable effort to correct.

Reactions: Russell Smith
That is true. Forum history can show that users messing with firmware has caused many unnecessary issues that required considerable effort to correct.
Brand new bird, only option is current version with no backup. As others have pointed out calibrations have been placed behind a password. Just looking for a version that would allow calibration if needed.

Brand new bird, only option is current version with no backup. As others have pointed out calibrations have been placed behind a password. Just looking for a version that would allow calibration if needed.
Well that's already been discussed and will be enabled soon, at least some of the calibration process. I believe it's Lance Fung from Yuneec US.he's posted on social media, Facebook in the Yuneec forums.

Brand new bird = 1 year warranty... unless of course you decide to pursue that prior version and perform any calibration. Since the company decided that end consumers were causing too many issues, resulted in the removal of access for said calibrations.

So, you deciding to override that decision, would guarantee the denial of any subsequent future warranty claim... just something to consider.

So no problems then? I personally would just use it, I wouldn't go looking for problems which don't exist.

Thanks for all the well meaning advice. I've been building flying RC aircraft for many years. I've been operating drones for over 3 years; from early APM through Pixhawk 2.1 for my builds (fixed wing and rotorcraft) to 3DR Solos, DJ! M2P. Now I've got a Typhoon H+ to work with. Admittedly most of my experience is with the Ardupilot stacks but I'm comfortable working with the PX4 autopilot also. I've taken the Pixhawks through many upgrades and downgrades including several custom mods of my own (some worked, many, not so well).

My original inquiry was to the availability of any previous versions. Obviously, others have had issues else there would not be such a wealth of information on "how to" upgrade, downgrade, and manually install or roll back the firmware. I only want a previous version as a fall back option. If I was mistaken about their availability, I apologize.

The information available on these forums played a significant role in my decision to buy a Yuneec product. A vibrant exchange of information and knowledge is critical to getting the most from these complex machines.

Thanks again.

Reactions: Docdor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop