Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H Refund?

Reaction score
Hey has anyone been successful in getting a refund for a faulty product from Yuneec? They are telling me they do not give out refunds, period.

Anyone?

Why you should get a refund from Yuneec? It's the manufacturer. Contact your dealer maybe he can do something for you.

Hey has anyone been successful in getting a refund for a faulty product from Yuneec? They are telling me they do not give out refunds, period.

Anyone?

Depending on your country you can usually get a refund from the retailer that supplied the goods whatever the product. The manufacturer is not involved the distributor does the work.

If you bought it from a retailer, a refund will depend on the retailer's policies if they'll refund your money. Reckon' the same is true if you bought it directly from Yuneec. I must say, buying from a retailer even though I pay taxes is one reason I support my LHS. When my first "H" went south, I had the option to replace it OR take store credit... I opted for the replacement...

I bought mine from Amazon and recently returned it since I felt that Yuneec had falsely indicated that the upgrades to the Pro would make it the same as the Pro...

I hear that Yuneec might even have a kit for the ST16 but at the time that didn't appear to be the case. In any regard, because I purchased through Amazon I was able to return it.

I purchased it through Yuneec directly. The main reason I did this is because I assumed that they would have a better return policy than any distributor.

I purchased it through Yuneec directly. The main reason I did this is because I assumed that they would have a better return policy than any distributor.

Call you credit card and tell them you were lie to. Wrong specs, defective camera, no easy to upgrade as you were told. You credit card will take care of it. Reason on the side of the box is says 100mb camera, its not, **** you will win on that alone

Reactions: NRRTRAINS
Call you credit card and tell them you were lie to. Wrong specs, defective camera, no easy to upgrade as you were told. You credit card will take care of it. Reason on the side of the box is says 100mb camera, its not, **** you will win on that alone
Understand the wrong specs part and defective camera if yours is bad but what upgrade is not easy? Realsense is not released yet as an upgrade and still looks like it is going to be easy to do, may not be cheap but they never said it would. As far as the third antenna it is just one of the internal ones moved to be external, I do not think it is required and there are still rumors they are going to release an upgrade for that. So what am I missing?

Understand the wrong specs part and defective camera if yours is bad but what upgrade is not easy? Realsense is not released yet as an upgrade and still looks like it is going to be easy to do, may not be cheap but they never said it would. As far as the third antenna it is just one of the internal ones moved to be external, I do not think it is required and there are still rumors they are going to release an upgrade for that. So what am I missing?

It's hard not to feel some people are trying to damage the Typhoon's reputation. There are a bunch of people on here who're very happy indeed with their drone. There are a bunch of people who seem to thought that buying a drone would turn them into Spielberg and that all upgrades would come out instantly and for free.

From the polls, there are a small number of people who seem to have had problems with early machines. It's not surprising that they're making much more noise than the ones who're out flying every day.

I just saying with the 100MB spec alone he should be able to get he money back. Did Yuneec misinform people about the camera but saying on the Box 100MB. Yes. As for the antenna, You know the old saying. if it works don't change it. So something had to not work correctly for Yuneec to make the change with the antennas. As for easy upgrade. the pro version is out now. Where are the upgrade Modules. With no modules right now upgrading it pretty hard. Yes I know you say just went a month or two till the modules are sold by themselves. True, but right now it hard to upgrade. Just making a case for the guy's credit card.

The reason I want my money back is that the motors just stopped in mid flight for no reason. Yuneec has admitted that it is their fault by repairing the unit and shipping it back to me at their cost. However my case to them is that the design is truly immature and has inherent design flaws. I feel that I shouldn't put my business at risk for such a design, not even mentioning the deceiving marketing plan that they currently have with everything. Also, I am receiving back a machine that has fallen out of the sky so how can I ever have any confidence in it.

Reactions: Skypicswa
The reason I want my money back is that the motors just stopped in mid flight for no reason. Yuneec has admitted that it is their fault by repairing the unit and shipping it back to me at their cost. However my case to them is that the design is truly immature and has inherent design flaws. I feel that I shouldn't put my business at risk for such a design, not even mentioning the deceiving marketing plan that they currently have with everything. Also, I am receiving back a machine that has fallen out of the sky so how can I ever have any confidence in it.

There are not sending you a new one? Ask to rep for a new one to be sent, if he says no, bump it up higher to another person. When I sent my back I always ask for a new one and got a new one sent to me. They can say the repaired one is good as new. But new is New. But as you can see I am a bit forceful some times so they may be sending me a new one just to shut me up.

Also the newer one have the fixes, like stiffer arms, better landing legs, etc

Last edited:
I specifically asked the question to Yuneec if they are sending me the repaired H or a new one and they said the repaired one. I have asked last Wednesday for a supervisor to call me back about this issue and haven't received a call yet. I have also asked last Thursday to have the repair tech call me or send me what was actually repaired and haven't received anything yet either. Very frustrating.

Reactions: Skypicswa
I specifically asked the question to Yuneec if they are sending me the repaired H or a new one and they said the repaired one. I have asked last Wednesday for a supervisor to call me back about this issue and haven't received a call yet. I have also asked last Thursday to have the repair tech call me or send me what was actually repaired and haven't received anything yet either. Very frustrating.

Well I guessing the reason they are repairing is, they got no new Standard versions in stock as they want to make more pro versions as that is were the money is. They still haven't sent me my 3rd new one. I had to send 2 back for camera issues, gimble issues, ST16 smoothness issues and arm issues. They may just let me pay the different and get a pro version they told me today as they said the pro version will be available faster then the back ordered reg version.

There are not sending you a new one? Ask to rep for a new one to be sent, if he says no, bump it up higher to another person. When I sent my back I always ask for a new one and got a new one sent to me. They can say the repaired one is good as new. But new is New. But as you can see I am a bit forceful some times so they may be sending me a new one just to shut me up.

Also the newer one have the fixes, like stiffer arms, better landing legs, etc
I don't think Yuneec really sends 'new' models anymore. All those drones returned for repair are now considered refurbished drones. You send one in, you get a refurbished one back.

My drone was sent in for repairs long ago (in May). I got what appeared to be a new drone, however on closer inspection I could see that it was a refurbished model. This is common practice in the industry and if I'm not mistaken it appears in the fine print regarding return/repair (at least it does for DJI drones).

I don't think Yuneec really sends 'new' models anymore. All those drones returned for repair are now considered refurbished drones. You send one in, you get a refurbished one back.

My drone was sent in for repairs long ago (in May). I got what appeared to be a new drone, however on closer inspection I could see that it was a refurbished model. This is common practice in the industry and if I'm not mistaken it appears in the fine print regarding return/repair (at least it does for DJI drones).

First drone I got was brand new, 2nd replacement H I got was 100% brand new. How do I know this. the CS dept did not send me a replacement. A brand new order was made thru the Yuneec store. The 2nd one I sent back. Another new order was made thru Yuneec store. however they dont have any new stuff on hand that isn't someone else Typhoon H who order before me. So they told me today its still on back order. So i need to wait. I never ask for a repair. I always demand a brand new replacement. it takes going 3 to 4 levels up the chain at Yunecc before you get someone who has the power to do this. I am not special or anything. i just have a big mouth

I agree from a business point of view, as risk management I went with this as a small urban uav. When it arrived the st16 had 2 broken switches and the camera has fisheye. I'm not new to this so as such it hasn't made the flight line. Further testing and jsa before it goes up. I'm sure Yuneec have learned some hard lessons and will construct better quality. The design and price point is there. A lot of bird for the RTF market. Higher quality for a little extra coin will not put me off in the future.

I was told today that my distributor was not authorized to give a refund as well as Yuneec saying the same thing. I told them that if my H came back again not fixed I would be asking for one. So I guess the Credit Card Avenue is one way to try if I don't get anywhere.

This is on the Yuneec UK Site: "Yuneec UK wants you to be completely satisfied with your shopping experience. If, for any reason, you don't like or change your mind about an item you purchased from Yuneec, you may return New and Unused merchandise (with original contents and packaging) within a 14 day return period from the original date of purchase for a refund to the original payment method."

PRODUCT RETURNS

I don't know if the Yuneec USA has the same policy

Anyone?

If they are not giving out refunds whats is their coverage?
I got mine today from amazon LOL and it was shipped from the return center, and it obviously died in the air and dropped a LONG way down, everything was broken, camera, landing gear, two engine arms, oh and the scumbag, kept the battery, and sd card, props and controller,, boo on amazon for not looking at their returns, replacement coming friday, it better be perfect or it goes back and Ill buy one local

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval