Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H with RS and Controller Question

Reaction score
I have a Q500 4K and am wanting to get a H with real sense. Very hard to come by in Canada as there is hardly any Yuneec dealers that I'm aware of besides Best Buy. Prices of them in Canada is outrageous. $1,999. So waited for the Black Friday sale, dropped the price by $500.00 sold out in matter of minutes. Number of US dealers but can't sell to Canadians from my understanding so it seems like I'm out of luck getting an H with RS. I see that a number of other packages are available without RS. Question now is that there ST16 only has the one tall antennae and one round one. The RS has two tall and one round. What is the difference between the two? Is it something to concern about in a basic H? Is that an up grade to have two?
Your answers are much appreciated.

Some of those non RS kits that come with two batteries, back pac and wizard, do come with the three external antennae on the ST 16 and the two in small tubes beside the landing gear on the Typhoon itself, as mine does. My understanding is that on the ST16's with only one tall external antenna; the second is inside. I believe some have converted theirs single tall antenna ST16 to be the same as the pro models, with two tall and the video mushroom in between, I'm sure I saw a thread on that somewhere on this forum a while back. Maybe someone who has done the mod will have more info. Good luck.

Personally, I don't think the RS is worth a few hundred dollars extra. I'd put that money into more batteries.
Converting the ST16 to an Itelite antenna isn't difficult if you have the proper tools and a little mechanical skill. I did it and I'm very happy with the stronger video signal.

Depending on your plans RS is a real cool feature that works remarkably well. So if you plan to shoot much 'follow-me' footage or nauter photo/video in tree-grown surroundings you may want to consider the gadget.

I bought my H with RS, do not use it often (most of the time to show off to spectators) but I am very happy with this extra.

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariarussii11