Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H won’t stay centered.

Reaction score
Just bought a used H for a good price. One issue.
When starting the drone,at 5 ft the unit cannot stay centered.
The drone starts to circle and the radius gets wider, and cannot maintain control. Was wondering if it’s a main board or gps issue.. thank you..

Just bought a used H for a good price. One issue.
When starting the drone,at 5 ft the unit cannot stay centered.
The drone starts to circle and the radius gets wider, and cannot maintain control. Was wondering if it’s a main board or gps issue.. thank you..
Use the search tool for "toilet bowl". You'll find lots of info.

-What, if any, calibrations have been done, and where? (Clear of interference)
-how long has the H been allowed to sit, powered on but motors off, to update the GPS almanac?
-what happens when altitude is gained?

Toilet bowl is more of a violent, at higher altitude, phenomenon. What is being described is more in line with what has been portrayed as “oscillating flight,” exacerbated by low level ground effects (I.e. prop wash).

Typically “fixes” have included successful compass calibration, adequate care of the GPS data, and altitude.

Good luck!

Jeff

Like NorWiscPiot mentions , First of all remove the camera. After calibrating compass and accelerometer let H sit in open area for about 10-12 minutes to let gps update. After a few flights and your used to the H and it’s controls, install the camera.
I am assuming you have watched the valuable videos available for new pilots. It will likely help you in avoiding an expensive mishap
Good luck

It’s my second H I bought it for parts . I is a complete drone with good camera and ground station for 250$ I haven’t done any calibrations yet. I was told it was gps or main board by previous owner. Just seeing if I should use it for parts or get it flying again... thanks for the help.

Reactions: cowboy379
Give the sticks a good stir. Hardware manager to make sure everything is neutral, so no stick is slightly on.

It’s my second H I bought it for parts . I is a complete drone with good camera and ground station for 250$ I haven’t done any calibrations yet. I was told it was gps or main board by previous owner. Just seeing if I should use it for parts or get it flying again... thanks for the help.

I think you just told us your answer. If GPS is already suspect, it is likely even more “guilty” of contributing to the flight characteristics you have described.

Look no further. I would not salvage the gps.

Check in on replacing the module. Might be worth a try.

Jeff

on the two occasions that My H had toilet bowl...one last year and one just last week, I successfully fixed the problem by just doing a compass calibration. Both times it happened was on the second flight of the day after the H had been warmed up from the previous flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech