Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H would not land- Landing Issue

Reaction score
While Flying today I came in to land and it would not come down. I was in angle mode, I was about 4" off the ground, I had the stick all the way down. It would not settle onto the ground. It was drifting and I had to keep bringing it back to the landing area.

In the end I had to hit the STOP button and let it fall the 4" a GPS Error registered the second it hit the ground.

Software is up to date, Compass was calibrated prior to flight and Accelerometer was calibrated on 10.2.16 when I completed the software.

Still trying to figure this birds quirks out. Any input would be helpful. This is my 4th battery and second issue with this unit.

Last edited:
I would do all calibrations again, including accelerometers. Check that your transmitter sticks (including the turtle/rabbit control) are centered and getting full travel in the hardware monitor.
Make sure landing gear switch is down when you take off. Raise and lower landing gear while in the air. Keep it low and slow for the first test. If you still have the problem, call customer service.

Rayray, The unit is brand new. This is my 4th flight. I had issues the second flight with a runaway that required a new landing gear do to a tough forced landing.

RiverRunner. I did that after the repair and again now prior to the the flight just to make sure. I think I am going to check with CS before doing anything else

Thank you for the comments.

Reactions: CHO
I have noticed with 3 flights on V2.25 that when descending to land the TH will stop about a meter above ground and I have to hold the title stick down fully and then it will slowly come down the last meter. The first time it happened I thought I had a problem with me firmware, but 2 subsequent flights showed it may be changes in New firmware. I have had to hold the stick for several seconds before that final meter.

after a ascent into the sky and fixing Typnon H one position it is stable. But after some time begins to lose its the stability and whirls. why does it happen?? Latest firmware of is installed.

While Flying today I came in to land and it would not come down. I was in angle mode, I was about 4" off the ground, I had the stick all the way down. It would not settle onto the ground. It was drifting and I had to keep bringing it back to the landing area.

In the end I had to hit the STOP button and let it fall the 4" a GPS Error registered the second it hit the ground.

Software is up to date, Compass was calibrated prior to flight and Accelerometer was calibrated on 10.2.16 when I completed the software.

Still trying to figure this birds quirks out. Any input would be helpful. This is my 4th battery and second issue with this unit.
Sorry but this just screams fake to me.

You can see it in the telemetry logs: negative high

Try to hoover in 2m over ground with gear up . After 3 or 4 minutes the copter will rise. Barometer don`t move.

after a ascent into the sky and fixing Typnon H one position it is stable. But after some time begins to lose its the stability and whirls. why does it happen?? Latest firmware of is installed.
Need to do and accelerometer calibration to stop the toilet bowl effect. Use a level and make sure the drone is sitting 100% Level. When Cal. This is soooo important.

As far as not landing...you said you had landing gear issue. Your describing exactly the way the h acts if you try to land with the gear up. Sounds like the issue is with the gear or gear trigger in the remote. I dont think your h is aware its gear is down. Maybe you could do a stick calibration on the st16. Check the channel settings and make sure the switch is giving the full range on the output.

Last edited:
Accelerometer have to be calibrated before each rise to the top or once and for allall fiam

Hello. I need to change the the firmware to the standard. Installing STD firmware (A) does not help. What should I do?

I've just had a landing issue like this. From 100 feet altitude the H would not land, legs up or down. I had to keep cycling the undercarriage and it then extremely slowly began to descend but took ages! Has happened on both flights today, yet last week was flying absolutely fine! RS switched off and flying Angle Mode. Return to Home brings the H right above take off point, but it will not descend, just sits there...

Reactions: cbecker125
I've just had a landing issue like this. From 100 feet altitude the H would not land, legs up or down. I had to keep cycling the undercarriage and it then extremely slowly began to descend but took ages! Has happened on both flights today, yet last week was flying absolutely fine! RS switched off and flying Angle Mode. Return to Home brings the H right above take off point, but it will not descend, just sits there...

Strange indeed, Charles. Do you remember how many GPS Sats both the H and the ST-16 had? GPS was on I'm sure. ??

I'm told (here in the UK) that there is a software problem with the Realsense module and to disable it in Settings for the time being. Apparently Yuneec UK are bringing out yet another firmware update this week...

At least 10 SATs on the ST16 and the H. GPS was definitely on...

Right. 10 on the ST-16 sounds good. I try to have more on the Craft before I lift off, say even more than 12. Also, you see the purple light stay solid, and after that if the white light starts flashing along with the steady purple one, you have the "best" GPS lock on both the ST-16 and craft.
This is true for both MY RS Pro and a regular H, both with latest firmware. Others may have different experiences.

Right. 10 on the ST-16 sounds good. I try to have more on the Craft before I lift off, say even more than 12. Also, you see the purple light stay solid, and after that if the white light starts flashing along with the steady purple one, you have the "best" GPS lock on both the ST-16 and craft.
This is true for both MY RS Pro and a regular H, both with latest firmware. Others may have different experiences.
That's pretty much how it was... There is now a lot of talk of the Realsense Module causing conflict with other software on the H and pilots are being advised to disable the RS module until Yuneec find a software fix... Haven't had the chance to test fly today due to the wind, hope to try again tomorrow without the RS activated and see what happens...

I have the same problem, with the RS module activated in system setting but off during the flight, the Typhoon doesn't land or descend. It is so scary. My friend, after 2 minutes to let it descend for about 3 meters, had to catch it by the legs but motors accelerates even if my stick was totally down. This happened to me even with the latest FW released on 28 October.
If I disable the RS module in the system setting, it is all fine.
When will Yuneec release an update fix for the RS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval