Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H would not land- Landing Issue

And one more important thing, which is visible only in the channel settings. If some potentiometer doesn't give a stable output, the crash is expected with certainty. The remote's FC hasn't appropriate filters, tied to the copters ability to meet the commands. The copter itself will try to do these commands, doesn't matter, they're in contrast with mass and inertia characteristics of the body. Soon or a bit later it will go unstable and almost out of control

When the calibration starts, it remembers the position of the sliders and get's it as centred. After that you can do calibration movements but with the wrong starting point. So, you'll have not a linear curve. Is this a bug or a feature I can't say? Probably in some cases is useful to move the centre position from the centre. On the ST16S remotes, there is a centre mark. On the old ST16, you should decide alone where it is.
It is always good to have them centered at the beginning of the calibration, but what truly matters is having the sticks, the tilt slider, rate slider, and pan knob centered at the end of the first part of the calibration before you exit to the second part of the calibration.

The Tilt slider and Rate slider are a bit difficult since the center position is a little forward of where it seems logical for it to be. A small mark with white paint makes it a bit easier to find.

And one more important thing, which is visible only in the channel settings. If some potentiometer doesn't give a stable output, the crash is expected with certainty. The remotes FC hasn't appropriate filters, tied to the copters ability to meet the commends. The copter itself will try to do these commands, doesn't matter, they're in contrast with mass and inertia characteristics of the body. Soon or a bit later it will go unstable and almost out of control
True, and most of the time when it is seen in Channel Settings you will see the jittering/chattering when watching in the Hardware Monitor. I see it when barely moving the sticks when they have started oxidizing and mostly when the controller has been stored for awhile and vigorous stirring doesn’t get them tracking well in Hardware Monitor. As the stick is moved slowly the readout will dropout or jump wildly in value. That is what I call jitter.

When the calibration starts, it remembers the position of the sliders and get's it as centred. After that you can do calibration movements but with the wrong starting point. So, you'll have not a linear curve. Is this a bug or a feature I can't say? Probably in some cases is useful to move the centre position from the centre. On the ST16S remotes, there is a centre mark. On the old ST16, you should decide alone where it is.
Thank you for your comment, sorry and apology thought you guys were ref. to GPS calibration, disregard my stupid comment

No way to land normally with RS and throttle position upper than -100% or very near this value.

excellent post replies might thanks all , i did not center the sliders before the calibration , i will have to wait for the arm latches (metal clips) before i will try again , the main intentions of this drone is for beach fishing at least 400+ meters drop off , it will probably be a month before an update

excellent post replies might thanks all , i did not center the sliders before the calibration , i will have to wait for the arm latches (metal clips) before i will try again , the main intentions of this drone is for beach fishing at least 400+ meters drop off , it will probably be a month before an update
You can do the checks on the ST16 without having the aircraft or camera on and bound. I am quite certain the issues are in the ST16 likely out of calibration. Always check the Hardware Monitor before doing a calibration to insure all controls are responding properly right before entering the calibration procedure. Here a video to help show the proper way to do the calibration.

Note that the sticks, Tilt and Rate sliders, and Pan knob are at center before pressing Finish in the first calibration screen.

the main intentions of this drone is for beach fishing at least 400+ meters drop off
A little offtopic...
What kind of device you're planning to use as a dropper? Probably a dedicated section about a custom payload for H480 will be a good intention.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements