Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

h3 battery issue

Reaction score
was charging h3 batteries with charger provided with drone - one battery charged up with no issues - inserted 2nd, battery in charger and saw that the red and green indicator lights were flashing - that's fine - it means charger is balancing the cells and charging - monitored charging process for 1/2 hour or so - noticed the charger was getting really warm - warmer than expected(first time charging - new drone owner) decided to unplug - since charger does not have a voltage indictor - i turned on controller and h3 with said battery to see what controller sees for drone battery level - controller indicated 100% charge - any ideas of what is going on with charging process - note - did not see solid green light on charger for fully charged - should i be concerned?

was charging h3 batteries with charger provided with drone - one battery charged up with no issues - inserted 2nd, battery in charger and saw that the red and green indicator lights were flashing - that's fine - it means charger is balancing the cells and charging - monitored charging process for 1/2 hour or so - noticed the charger was getting really warm - warmer than expected(first time charging - new drone owner) decided to unplug - since charger does not have a voltage indictor - i turned on controller and h3 with said battery to see what controller sees for drone battery level - controller indicated 100% charge - any ideas of what is going on with charging process - note - did not see solid green light on charger for fully charged - should i be concerned?
thought i would try charging again and had no problems - charger had audible beep and solid green indicator light - good to go?

thought i would try charging said battery again this morning - by golly i heard a beep from charger and saw solid green light - guess i am good to go - don't know what happened?

Reactions: WTFDproject
Sounds like the cells were off a bit so you had an extended balance charging the first time around. I would suggest you get a charger capable of placing your batteries at storage level when not in use, and one that preferably will measure IR of the individual cells.

If these are brand new batteries the first few cycles are a bit of a break in period and you may see some extended balance phases.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace