Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

H3 bugs

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have the H3 since March now. Pretty impressed with the drone in general but there are some issues I have been having.

1. Whilst doing a landing calibration, the landing gear decided to go up whilst in my hands. The ST16S landing gear button did not work. I can’t remember how exactly I managed to fix this but it was pretty awkward trying to google while holding the drone! It has not happened since.

2. I can’t seem to find a way to adjust controller sensitivity, whilst in sport mode. It is far too responsive and very hard to get smooth footage.

3. Yuneec need to sort out the mapping system. There seems to be no way to see where your drone is on the map. There is a small HUD on the controller showing the home point and where the drone is up to about 200m away. If you fly past this it disappears. There is no way to enlarge the map view as you could do in previous Yuneec Typhoons.

4. Sometimes the auto land button on the controller display disappears.

5. Sometimes the record/photo button on both the display and the controller will become unresponsive at start-up. A restart of the drone and controller normally fixes this.

6. Drone sometimes won’t start up whilst in angle mode, but will start up in sport mode. Changing back to angle mode once started works.

Pretty sure there’s a few more niggles I am not thinking of but comparing it to the likes of my Mavic 2 Pro, it definitely isn’t as user friendly. I half regret not getting a DJI inspire instead but will keep this for a while and see what solutions Yuneec have to iron out

I think you mean you were doing a compass calibration when the gear came down perhaps? Happens to a number of pilots myself included on the H Plus. I continued the calibration to a successful completion and rebooted the drone and cycled the gear. Not a problem since.

2] Right side of the ST-16S, there is the 'Rate Slider' set this to its lowest position and increase as necesarry.

3] Not familiar with the H3 in this area so I have no answer there.

4] Should be there in angle and sport modes but not in any other flight modes - I think.

5] Sounds like it just needs to get fully booted up before they work, but again this may be something with the H3

6] Again not sure but this sounds like a bug specific to the H3.

Unfortunately there are not a lot of these models out there so users are going to encounter these and hopefully when the fix is found it can be passed on here so as to build a data base similar to the 480, Plus and 520 models. Good Luck.

I don’t think Sport mode was intended to be a cinematic mode. Angle and Smart mode are for filming and as @Ty Pilot mentioned you can change sensitivity using the Rate slider.

From the stories I’ve read in our sister DJI forums the Inspire is not the best flier in the DJI aresenal. I strongly suspect the H3 is a more stable aircraft (based on its relatives H520, H+, and H520e).

Since we only have a handful of both H3 and H520e owners on the forum there is very little that has been shared, especially with the H3. My advice is to use the customer support portal on the Yuneec websites and demand answers and solutions to the issues you are having. Share them here and maybe more H3 users will see the posts via web searches, join, and share experiences and solutions.

Posts like yours are what was taking place 4 to 5 years ago when the Typhoon H and H520 were introduced, and three years ago when the H Plus first came out.

I agree with Doommaster. I believe you need to get many more flights under your belt and pay close attention to what you are doing and the craft's responses.

These Yuneec hex drones are easy to fly but have layers of complexity that require more attention and practice to master. Print out the manual and study it whilst learning.
Cheers

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I agree with both @DoomMeister and @Rayray

Yuneec has normally done a poor job of documenting and explaining all facets of operation of various drones. When the Plus came out I was one of the first in the US and took very smalls steps trying to figure that bird out. In the beginning there were a few bugs but moreover there was a lot of difference in operations (such as Smart Mode) that we had to learn as we went along.

In the end (3 years later) I still think the Typhoon H Plus, 520 and possibly the H3 are some of the most under-rated consumer drones. They don't have the kind of refinement in terms of user interface, as does DJI but having owned a M2P for over a year I value my Plus more and more every day.

My guess is the H3 is VERY similar to the Plus with the exception of the camera which; we've had a few comparison threads and discussions and I and others are of the belief that the Ion 1 is neck and neck with the C23 and E90. I hope you can get the bugs worked out and get to explore the capabilities of the new bird and please do keep posting the good and the bad.

Reactions: DoomMeister
The H3 also has the return of Cruise Control and it would be nice to have a report of its effectiveness.

Sport mode was rough on the C23 gimbal and from early reports on the H3 the gimbal for the Leica camera wasn’t fairing any better.

Reactions: DCH
Haven’t tried this yet but will aim to try within the next week and report back.
It is good for keeping a constant speed without holding the right stick. It allows you to concentrate on the camera a bit better. It can be aborted quickly with a quick wiggle of the right stick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxTODxxx